Website ITC Manufacturing
Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
ITC Manufacturing is a premier manufacturer of wire mesh and steel products for multiple industries, including the material handling industry. It specializes in decking, shelving, and custom wire applications.
The company is looking for a Process Engineer who will create and implement standard operating and set up procedures for production equipment, organizes and facilitates skilled operator training, optimizes machine output by way of increased production rate, increased machine uptime, and reduced machine change over time whilst assuring the quality of the product.
This position will work closely with HSE, Quality, Design Engineering, Maintenance, and Production in order to implement new projects, current process improvements, and process changes.
- The applicants should have completed an Engineering Degree from a university or college.
- Significant relevant experience with demonstrated success in process development and improvement activities will be considered. Formal 6-Sigma/Lean qualification is desirable
- 5S experience
- ERP system experience
- Experience in Minitab, QI Macros, or similar
- Experience within high volume manufacturing
- Hands-on experience with process development
- Assist in the development of PM procedures in partnership with project teams and the maintenance department.
- Assist in the development of quality systems in conjunction with the quality department.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related assignments as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvements using the DMAIC approach.
- Improve manufacturing and quality processes as measured under ITC KPI measures (safety, quality, delivery, OEE, equipment availability).
- Incorporate safety protocols into process design, in harmony with local and national/international standards
- Lead or facilitate working teams to design develop and implement new processes and improvements.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Participate in the corrective-action process in order to implement solutions to manufacturing issues.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Produce standard operating procedures, visual-aids, and process documentation for production processes. These will be based on process flows, control plans, and equipment operation manuals.
- Project documentation such as ROI, cost-analysis, justifications, technical reviews, executive summaries.
- Raising purchase requests as necessary. Includes identifying needs and providing specifications.
- Support company safety and environmental procedures and programs.
- Support maintenance activities as required. Technical and hands-on input.
- Support process-flow and control plan development in partnership with the quality department
- Support the training of affected persons in the standard operating and set-up procedures.
- Use of 6-Sigma and Lean tools in performing duties and responsibilities in order to reduce variation and waste in the ITC processes.
- Use of APQP techniques and tools in the project launch process. Provide direction in equipment specification and implementation in harmony with the ITC SOW process.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- 6-Sigma (green belt preferred as a minimum).
- Ability to motivate and influence people.
- Ability to pursued and sell ideas using logic and data.
- APQP or equivalent.
- Capital project experience through to implementation and legacy.
- Competence in understanding technical information (blueprints, GD&T, Electrical, pneumatic schematics).
- Drive to challenge the status quo.
- Endurance and willingness to find solutions and implement them in a high-pressure environment (“see-it-through”).
- Enjoyment of and ability to work as part of a team.
- Formal project management experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (metals manufacturing, wire production, friction welding, painting preferred).
- Organized and methodical in approach to process development.
- Problem-solving skills (DMAIC, A3, DOE, other 6-Sigma tools.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of Lean concepts.
- Strong statistical and numerical ability (SPC, Hypothesis testing, data scrubbing).
- Strong technical writing and communication ability.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment that includes elevated sound levels and varying ambient temperatures.
- Limited travel to vendors and ITC facilities will be required.
- The company offers a competitive salary, paid medical insurance, paid short-term disability insurance, paid life insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick time, and 401(K).
ITC Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.