Website Spirit AeroSystems
Process Mechanic (Welder A) Job Highlights
|Process Mechanic – Welder A
|Wichita, KS, United States
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles, and wing components for the world’s premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
The company is hiring a Process Mechanic Welder who will perform all functions of the process mechanic/or perform any and all gas/electric welding of various metals and metal alloys to fabricate experimental and production parts and assemblies when specifications require the weldment to be made by employees with applicable welder certification.
- The applicants may be required to have basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 years of working welding experience in the last 5 years
- TIG Welding Experience
- Develop length, location, and arrangement of electrical/tubing for production mock-ups or an initial installation of a design change for a production product.
- Establish and perform steel heat treat operations to harden, case-harden, temper, draw, normalize, age, anneal, and otherwise heat-treat metals in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Material Review Board action.
- Maintain required personal certifications.
- Perform complete inspection, including first part review, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.
- Prepare and maintain Quality records.
- Work with Engineering, Suppliers, Quality Assurance, and customers to develop and improve equipment and procedure for testing.
- Journeyman or Master certification (program)
- Must be willing and able to work any shift
- The majority of new hires will start on the 2nd shift or on an alternative-work week Th-Fr-Sat 6 pm-6 am.
Pass WorkKeys Assessment
- All Candidates must pass The WorkKeys Assessment (www.workkeys.com) or provide verification that they have passed The WorkKeys Assessment.
- Delay in completing your WorkKeys Assessment will result in a delay in your start date.
- You may complete your assessment in advance of an interview.
Spirit AeroSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-spiritaero.icims.com.