Website Lamb Weston
Process Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Boardman, OR, United States|
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer, and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. The company has led the frozen potato industry in innovation, introducing inventive products. Lamb Weston products can be found in more than 100 countries around the world.
The company is recruiting a Process Mechanic who will diagnoses maintenance problems, installs and sets up equipment, and monitors the function of receiving/processing equipment to assure proper operation.
Advises supervisory personnel on maintenance requirements, repairs equipment, and any maintenance activities to maximize plant production and uptime.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 to 3 months of related experience or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrates within 30 days of job assignment, ownership of proper tools for the job as specified by the company.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Performs and documents line checks and preventative maintenance (PM), including lubrication and inspection of equipment to prevent or identify failures.
- Performs and documents maintenance work, troubleshooting, removal or repair and adjustments of processing equipment; changes and replaces belts, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, pumps, etc., and performs building repairs.
- Performs non-routine maintenance activities assigned by the Maintenance Team Leader or Production Team Leaders and will perform emergency repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Performs safety procedures for normally used chemicals.
- Performs structurally sound welds and acceptable cutting using appropriate welding equipment.
- Reads, writes, and communicates in English by using prints, sketches, diagrams, operating instructions, work logs, work orders, and technical manuals.
Other Job Functions-
- Assists with the training of new employees in the proper and safest way to check and repair equipment
- Maintains a neat, orderly work area
- Must use personal protective equipment to perform the job safely
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
- Ability to write accurate information on simple forms in English
- Ability to effectively present or listen to the information in one‑on‑one and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently is required to stand and climb or balance
- Occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, write or hear
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge-type services
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Financial Wellness – Industry-leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.