Process Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Lake City, MN, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Process Operator (manufacturing machinery operator) who will operate production manufacturing equipment and perform production support activities, ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Be a team player, be safety conscious, be dedicated to quality, and use good judgment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or foundry (a bonus)
- Experience with computers
- Understanding of metric measurements
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture, and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Conduct furnace operations to include, but not limited to, monitoring equipment, preventative maintenance, crane operations, and melt deck operations.
- Effectively read, understand, and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Learn to accurately and safely use machines and equipment such as but not limited to casting machines, shot blast machinery, cutting machines, automatic loaders, Fanuc robotics, CNC lathe, automated gaging, air leak tester, component oiler, fork truck, metric micrometers, scales, and calipers, and specialized tooling various machining lines.
- Perform all production support activities including but not limited to production reporting, conducting inspection and packaging of manufactured parts, shipping, and material handling.
- Perform preventive maintenance and general housekeeping of machines and work areas.
- Potentially work in noisy, dusty, or oily conditions/environments with fluctuating temperatures.
- Receive and pass fit-test training for respirators/PAPRs.
- Set up, operate, and maintain tooling for the Casting Line equipment, Cutoff Machines, Automatic Loaders, and Automated CNC lines.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete all required paperwork, reports, and tags.
- Utilize tooling and gaging equipment to meet all product specifications and requirements.
- Work with and around molten (hot liquid) metal, cast iron sleeves, and a variety of other alloys.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Ability to spend considerable periods of time on feet including walking, and standing
- Ability to continuously lift 3 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently push, pull, bend from floor to the chest level, and occasionally reach above shoulder height
- Ability to work in a dusty environment with fluctuating (warm/hot) temperatures.
- Ability to pass fork truck certification within the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to pass “fit-test” and wear all required PPE for assigned task
- Successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
- 401k plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug coverage
- Life Insurance, HSA or FSA
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Short Term Disability
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.