Website Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
Product Assurance Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Product Assurance Specialist|
|Function||Accounting/Auditing and Finance|
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
|Company||Kratos Defense and Security Solutions|
Kratos develops and fields transformative, affordable systems, platforms, and products for national security and communications needs. The company is focused on areas where tech advances can have a force multiplier effect, such as unmanned systems, satellite communications, C4ISR, warfighter training, and combat systems.
The company is searching for a Product Assurance Specialist who will assist Quality Engineers with the design, development, and execution of quality assurance and control systems.
Ensures end item deliverable products meet all customer/agency quality and functional requirements.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of diversified maintenance and or inspection experience as an Aircraft and Power plant mechanic on fixed or rotary-wing aircraft
- Assist Quality Engineering with reviewing and/or preparing documentation to support product/system delivery, including configuration and documentation verification
- Assists Quality Engineering with determining proper quality codes to assign in ERP system based on contract/ design requirements
- Assists Quality Engineering with developing solutions to prevent and/or resolve product and manufacturing process non-conformances
- Assists Quality Engineering with dispositioning discrepant materials as identified by internal departments or customers
- Assists Quality Engineering with reviewing and approving Manufacturing Order’s (MO’s) to prepare for release
- Assists Quality Engineering with reviewing and updating Discrepancy Material Reports (DMRs) based on assigned actions
- Assists Quality Engineering with validating First Articles
- Assists Quality Engineering with work transfer planning and the gathering of required quality documentation
- Creates end item acceptance reports and assures proper deliverable documentation packages are present (e.g. logbook)
- Determines acceptability and proper configuration of aircraft or other complex systems by performing routine and required validations in accordance with applicable procedures and guidelines prior to customer delivery
- Ensures the safety and efficacy of all manufacturing and/or maintenance operations on systems or components in accordance with manufacturer’s and/or customer requirements.
- May participate and support Material Review Boards (MRB) on assigned programs or projects
- Monitor and provide visibility into the overall effectiveness and operation of the quality management system, and take actions to resolve issues when needed
- Participates in or leads continuous improvement projects to eliminate scrap and reduce rework operations
- Participates in or leads root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process-related concerns
- Perform process surveillance activity on product non-conformances throughout their lifecycle
- Responsible for system delivery activities which include hardware end item acceptance with the customer and or Government agencies
- Supports the Quality Inspectors ensuring products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Witnesses product acceptance testing
In Support of Field Operations (when using KUAS owned assets)-
- Assist deployment lead with identifying proper infrastructure/assets are available to support field activities including aircraft maintenance and flight operations
- Assists in coordination of transfer/shipment of customer/Government properties, as required
- Assists in failure analysis activities, as required
- Assists with all pre-flight activities and confirms pre-flight readiness
- Attends Operational Readiness Review meetings
- Ensures personnel are trained on critical (e.g. munitions, ordinance) pre-flight and post-maintenance inspections
- Monitors accuracy of maintenance logs, aircraft logs, and all quality records
- Participates in post-mission/operations debriefs
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- America Welding Society/Certified Welding Inspector
- Experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with Government logistical support command/systems
- Experience with Government problem reporting systems
- Experience with machining and composites manufacturing
- FAA Aircraft and Power Plant License or, equivalent positions/responsibilities with time-in-service in US Military.
- FAA aircraft inspection certification
- Familiar with IPC standards
- Knowledge and experience with AS9100 and/or ISO 9001:2008
- Quality experience in DoD or aerospace industry
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing work priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Holds or able to obtain US Government security clearance
- Possess or able to obtain US Passport/VISA.
- Proficient with the use of a computer, including the ability to enter and retrieve information
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Employees may generate, handle, manage, or workaround hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
- May be exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise levels, high-pressure equipment, chemicals, and shop traffic.
- May work extended hours or weekends, including deployments which may require prolonged stays for up to 3 weeks
- Must be able to perform and or supervise all activities normally found in aircraft maintenance and aircraft flight facilities.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Office and or manufacturing environment
- 15% Travel required between KUAS and customer/vendor locations.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/ADD and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – minorities, females, vets, disabled, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit kratosdefense.submit4jobs.com.