Website John Deere
Product Engineer Job Highlights
|Experience||3 or More Years|
|Location||Fuquay-Varina, NC, United States|
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company is recruiting a Product Engineer who will be responsible for leading Turf Mowing Systems design for commercial mowing equipment.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering from a college or university or equivalent.
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of system/product design experience with mobile off-road equipment
- Contribute to ideation and study of innovation of mowing technology to support an electrification strategy of residential turf mowing systems
- Create and implement mechanical designs of mowing systems in the areas of mechanical power transmission, welded steel structures, turf science, and turf cut quality, while leveraging a team of local and remote engineers within our flex resource group.
- Execute design engineering of continuous improvement projects, new product designs, and problem resolution for turf mowing systems
- Plan, coordinate, and perform reviews, testing, and analysis work for the validation and verification of mowing systems as part of product development.
- Ability to utilize engineering tools including but not limited to CREO and finite element analysis software.
- Demonstrated ability to master technical assignments, self-start on sub-tasks, and deliver projects via established processes.
- Excellent communication skills to be utilized when working with key project stakeholders such as PV&V, supply management, quality, marketing, external suppliers, and others.
- Project management skills include work breakdown structure, schedule development, team task organization, and execution using specific tools such as 4DX or similar.
- 2 or more years of Mower Deck product engineering experience
- Experience with and formal training in Six Sigma tools
- Experience with and formal training in Systems Engineering
- Experience with engineering data analysis tools such as Weibull analysis or other design-for-reliability tools.
- Strong organization and project management skills
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.deere.com.