Website Collins Aerospace
Product Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Product Quality Engineer (Nadcap & Welding)|
|Location||Wilson, NC, United States|
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. It has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is looking for a candidate who is able to provide quality engineering support, conduct technical investigations, perform relentless root cause analysis, and implement immediate risk containment measures and systemic mistake-proof solutions to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- The prospective candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience OR in absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience.
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- BS plus 4 years special process work experience in welding or 8 years special process work experience in materials and process engineering, manufacturing engineering, or Quality.
- NADCAP training in NDT/Welding
- Ability to write and review technical documents
- SAP experience
- The applicants should have 2 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Support internal and external audits
- Provide quality response support to Manufacturing
- Assist with handling of field returns, complete Root Cause Analyses, and help drive corrective and preventative actions.
- Lead Quality Improvement projects with the goal of reducing quality escapes and improving First Pass Yield
- Participate as a member of the Material Review Board (MRB) to make dispositions on defects
- Improve internal and external manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and test processes to reduce and prevent defects and prevent quality escapes to our customers.
- Trend and monitor quality-related issues, communicate opportunities to production and site leadership teams
- Possess strong oral communication skills and computer skills with the ability to summarize complex issues into executive-level presentations.
- Be an energetic and enthusiastic individual to interface cross-functionally within operations, manufacturing, design, procurement, and the supply base.
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Employee Scholar Program, a tuition reimbursement program
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Bright Horizons, back-up child/elder care, and college coach resources
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
The company is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.