Production Associate (Cylinder Handler) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Associate (Cylinder Handler)|
|Location||Islandia, NY, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is seeking a Production Associate (Cylinder Handler) who will be responsible for loading and unloading high-pressure and liquid cylinders on/off trucks in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
The Loader will also be responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess a minimum 1 year of prior experience in manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience (preferred)
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by the government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
- Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain hoist and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are strapped in.
- Operates a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Removes old labels, and cleans cylinders.
- Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment
- Segregates out of test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
- Understands hazards of various gases; sizes and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong background in gas, welding, and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.