Production Associate Job Highlights
|Experience||Less than 1 Year|
|Location||New Bedford, MA, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is seeking a Production Associate who will perform diversified duties across production areas to assemble products. Department areas may include wire racking, assembly, machine center, ceramics, utility, and furnace.
Must be able to perform at a consistently high level in terms of quality, quantity, and efficiency.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have less than 1 year of work experience in the related field.
- Attach identifying tags or labels to mark information on cases or other containers.
- Count parts, racks and verify counts throughout plating operation.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties. May also be moved by others.
- Operate a variety of machines including but not limited to sanders, spot welders, punch presses, and pin flatteners.
- Operate lead-cutting machine to trim lead frames to proper size as specified by the customer.
- Orientation of heads may be by automation or hand prep for assembly to pins or eyelets.
- Perform additional assembly work as directed.
- Perform repetitive wiring/racking, unwiring/unracking duties, and move plating fixtures within plant following prescribed methods and practice, as well as transforming parts from one form of material handling container to another. Will routinely lift weights up to 25 pounds in performance of duties.
- Perform short cycle, highly repetitive hand assembly operation of various styles and sizes of product parts which may be things like frames, performs, bottoms, ground pins, lead frames, beads, pins, eyelets to carbon molds or to each other, following prescribed methods.
- Place molds in trays or on cardboard after completion of operation and tape.
- Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain parts to be racked/unracked onto or from trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Record number of units racked or handles on daily production sheet.
- Use a variety of hand tools including tweezers, magnets, mallets, vibrators, magazines, carbon molds, stands, glass beads, and tape machines. Use finger cots to prevent contamination of parts.
- Use magnifiers and related equipment and materials.
- Visually inspect all parts during racking and unracking, and set aside parts with defects that would be cause for rejection.
- Work from flow sheet folder, blueprint specifications, process sheets, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Work from written and/or verbal instructions-use racks, wire cutters, wire equipment, and related equipment.
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition, that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Follow established company rules and regulations, safety precautions and maintain quality standards.
- Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports as required.
- Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.