Website The Vertex Company
Production Control Manager 4 Job Highlights
|Title||Production Control Manager 4|
|Location||Crestview, FL, United States|
|Company||The Vertex Company|
The Vertex Company provides vertically integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition to engineering and manufacturing, through end-of-life support of complex systems. The company offers all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs, and integrated supply-chain solutions.
Crestview Aerospace manufactures complex assemblies and parts for use in various aerospace applications. It offers an integrated manufacturing process that delivers fabricated parts, in-house processing, and complex assemblies for both fixed and rotary‐wing aircraft.
The company is looking for a Production Control Manager who will be responsible for technical, professional, and administrative duties to ensure the efficient scheduling of fabrication and assembly work centers and resources in support of manufacturing activities.
Manages a team that plans, prepares, issues, and controls production schedules and directs material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of raw and approved finished goods materials timed to meet customer requirements.
Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, inventory levels, and potential production or material supply disruptions to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided on time and at an optimal cost.
Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, demand planning, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers, and requests for shipping orders.
- The applicants should have a College Degree (program).
- The candidates should have 7+ years of experience (manufacturing environment required)
- Ability to develop and implement effective systems and procedures
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint to generate, compile, analyze and evaluate facts and data using statistical and research methodologies
- Must have the ability to develop professional relationships with management, peers, vendors, subcontractors, and customers
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Continuously review ways to aid efficiency, add value and reduce costs as well as deliver continuous improvement initiatives
- Create policies and procedures for scheduling activities and ensure all systems meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain metrics/KPIs, reports, and process documentation
- Develop, maintain and leverage key stakeholder relationships to facilitate an integrated approach to material flow, collaborating closely with teammates across the organization
- Identify any systems improvements and drive through recommendations for change
- Manage and maintain reporting documents in support of the internal, customer, and regulatory audits and ongoing customer meetings
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- To represent the company in a professional, enthusiastic, and positive manner
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice scheduling vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Play a key role in the forecasting of manpower and resources
- Provide leadership and direction to the operational team
- Support inputs for and reporting on budgets to include manpower forecasting, and CAPeX recommendations for capacity needs
- Coach, manage and develop production control staff to optimize performance and meet targets and deadlines
- Facilitate communication with other departments to ensure staff are aware of priorities, targets, and operational considerations
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance and provide support in a timely manner to handle any concerns
- Liaise with others in the business to monitor requirements and to ensure the quality of service
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve overall manufacturing lead times, in line with quality standards and customer deliverables
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed on targets
- Able to develop insight through data analysis
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in SAP, EPICOR, or similar MRP systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Routings, BoM’s, and standards driving MRP schedules and requirements
- Must be able to bend and reach.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current.
- Must have close visual acuities such as viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines, and/or assembly or fabrication parts at close distance to the eyes.
- Will be performing substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The Vertex Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.