Production Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Sidney, OH, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is seeking a Production Engineer who will work to increase plant operational efficiency by providing and maintaining robust processes.
Working alongside supervisors you will improve existing and implement new manufacturing methods, and urgently resolve event-driven issues in a fast-paced high volume machining environment.
The work will include technical support for the completion of plant production requirements and interpersonal objectives.
- Applicants should have a 4-year Technical Degree plus 1-year experience (co-op/intern experience may be considered) or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e., Associate’s Degree plus equivalent experience in a technical role related to manufacturing)
- Possess previous experience with assembly and manufacturing operations, methods, controls, and processes
- Be responsible for the processes of welding and assembly equipment, assembly fixturing, tooling, and programming
- Build and maintain scroll machining process documentation
- Comprehend and interface PLC/Robotic programs
- Develop/implement process improvements and cost reductions
- Lead and participate in cost reduction teams and capital planning
- Provide focus on safety, quality, minimizing downtime, manning, and throughput
- Provide front-line technical support
- 4-year Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technology degree plus 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Advanced manufacturing, comprehension and interface PLC/robotic programming
- Experienced with CAD (such as AutoCAD or Solidworks), Statistical Process Controls (quality controls), and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Technical support experience in high volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 5% for the position
- Good organizational, presentation, and project management skills to interact within all levels of the company
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship will not be provided for this role
- Practical computing skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The company offers competitive benefit plans that offer the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Also, provide you with flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.