Production Fabricator (2nd/3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Fabricator – 2nd/3rd Shift|
|Location||Kansas City, MO, United States|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy.
The company is seeking for a Production Fabricator to join its team for various manufacturing needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience operating production equipment assembling or inspecting complex parts and assemblies or technical education or applicable military experience.
- Completes paperwork and computer data entries as required by the task
- May assist tool makers and welders and performs machine operations such as drilling, tapping, tool sharpening, shearing, sawing with a metal cutting bandsaw, and hand fit work as directed
- May be required to cut material to finished dimensions
- May be required to maintain storage of machine accessory items
- May work under the direction of a journeyman, but may also be assigned work by a team manager if such work is not normally performed by a journeyman and the work request can be completed without the guidance or assistance of a journeyman
- Performs a variety of tasks including sheet metal layout and construction work, shearing, sawing, brush anodyne, heat
- Performs in-process packaging
- Performs necessary cleaning operations on equipment and product to assure quality work
- Performs painting per drawing requirements
- Performs work necessary for the proper movement and control of parts and materials within the department and may
- Responsible for production requiring handwork and assembly operations on mechanical, electrical, plastic, rubber, and sheet metal products, including assemblies requiring repair, modification, retrofit, or conversion
- Responsible for work verification and performs rework as required
- Sets up, operates, and monitors all processing equipment necessary to perform the job task Selects tools when not prescribed
- To be successful in this role, one should have dexterity, versatility, and ingenuity and strive to implement continuous improvements and other Honeywell Operating System initiatives, and assume a variety of shop roles when needed
- treating, deburring, sandblasting, marking, molding, bonding, paint application, cleaning operations on equipment and product
- use hand-operated electric fork trucks
- Works from prints, specifications, regulations, sketches, written and oral work instructions
- Basic computer skills experience
- 3 years of demonstrated success in a manufacturing environment
- May check and top off lubricants as necessary
- Will be able to work any shift
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- Physical and behavioral well-being
- Ensure your financial well-being
- Help you beyond the office door
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.