Website Trane Technologies
Production Leader Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Noblesville, IN, United States|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is recruiting a Production Leader who will lead a team, including Fabrication, Assembly, and Materials and is responsible for ensuring that all weekend shift operations meet safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
Reports to the Operations Manager – Fabrication. Is responsible for keeping Operations Manager – Fabrication apprised of activity on the 2nd shift as well as other leaders where appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations field (preferred)
- 4-8 years of relative work experience, including fabrication equipment knowledge (CO2 or Fiber Laser, CNC punch, press brakes, welding (Mig/Tig), Resistance welding, powder coating, etc.)
- Demonstrated successful experience leading and directing the work of others. Leadership in off-shift operations (preferred)
- 2 or more years of leadership experience (required)
- Serves as a role model for Helmer values by maintaining positive internal/external relationships; embracing and valuing diversity in all forms and exhibiting DEI leadership competencies; promoting individual growth and development; actively promoting Continuous Improvement culture and demonstrating a commitment to excellence in the achievement of company goals/objectives.
- Enforce, promote, and comply with workplace safety procedures for self and team.
- Monitor that all equipment is being operated safely. Complete department safety inspections and complete incident investigations within the required timeframe.
- Determine, set, and communicate the work assignments to Lead Operators and team members to meet customer requirements. Ensures that fabricated parts are built according to schedule.
- Ensure that all Lead Operator and team members perform work and operate equipment according to part drawings, work instructions, FDA, GMP, and ISO requirements. Oversees routing of parts through the fabrication department for on-time delivery to the Assembly department. Oversees routing of parts through the Assembly department for on-time delivery to customers. Keep inventory locations, identified and correct while adhering to storage design principles, by working with assigned material handler(s).
- Promotes growth and development of team members. Tracks and monitors attendance, performance, and growth plans for all team members. Responsible for finalizing and communicating Performance Reviews, strengths, areas of improvement, and development. Production Leader to provide ongoing feedback and coaching. Is responsible for approving bi-weekly employee times, and PTO requests, takes appropriate action to address performance and conduct issues, addresses employee complaints/concerns, and resolves problems.
- Works with the CI department to ensure that the work area is laid out in a lean manner, that will reduce the amount of waste and increase throughput.
- Ensures each team member receives training on all procedures related to the team member’s position. Ensure that operators understand-
- proper operation (follow process steps listed on MO routing)
- proper use of PPE and safety devices (safety devices are required when operating)
- part quality requirements (follow a non-conforming process)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to actively partner with team members to provide them with pertinent information, techniques, instruction, feedback, and encouragement to maximize their success on the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively using appropriate modes, level of detail, and content to clearly convey information. Uses discretion and demonstrates sensitivity to confidentiality concerns. Listens effectively and provides appropriate feedback.
- Ability to hold team members accountable and drive accountability of team members.
- Ability to promote and identify process improvements in the work environment, actively seeking to make things better.
- Ability to promote collaboration and teamwork inside/outside the department to reach common goals; open to and solicits diverse views and opinions from others; breaks down barriers to build consensus.
- Ability to provide specific, ongoing, timely, direct performance feedback to team members.
- DEI Cognizance of Bias: Be mindful of personal and organizational blind spots and self-regulate to help ensure “fair play”
- DEI Collaboration: Empower individuals as well as create, and leverage the thinking of, diverse groups
- DEI Commitment: Commit to diversity and inclusion because these objectives align with personal values and beliefs in the business case
- DEI Courage: Speak up and challenge the status quo, be humble about personal strengths and weaknesses
- DEI Cultural Intelligence: Be confident and effective in cross-cultural interactions
- DEI Curiosity: Have an open mindset, a desire to understand how others view and experience the world, and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Is open to the ideas, diverse views, and opinions of others; offers opinions constructively; offers assistance when needed.
- Knowledge of FDA and GMP procedures, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations, and regulatory requirements associated with the safety and protection of workers, environment, and site.
- Microsoft Office, Email, and ERP understanding.
- Proactively anticipates, manages, and constructively resolves conflicts and disagreements, identifies ways conflict can lead to positive change, and takes appropriate action to address conflicts.
- May drive a forklift as needed but is not required for the job. Employees who drive a forklift are required to hold a valid driver’s license and satisfactorily complete Helmer Fork-Lift Training.
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.