Production Engineer (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Engineer – Welding|
|Location||Worcester, England, United Kingdom|
EthosEnergy provides a full range of independent and OEM-approved solutions for the turbine, generator, and transformer products and services that are specific to the industry. It turns on potential to deliver services and solutions globally for rotating equipment to make energy affordable, available, and sustainable.
The company is seeking a Production Engineer (Welding) who will provide technical and management support to enable the clean, assessment, and refurbishment of Steam Turbine Blades to high quality, with safety and the environment, at the forefront of consideration.
- The applicants should have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma qualifications are a plus
- Welding and heat treatment qualifications
- Working towards professional Engineering or Project Management accreditation is a plus
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience in the field of repair, welding, and heat treatment.
- Assist production personnel with troubleshooting repairs and providing support to management to perform repair orders.
- Develop and maintain repair workshops related to the steam turbine blade refurbishment including welding, polishing (forming), and heat treatment
- Maintain work order creation and sales order execution within the Visaer Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. This aspect of the position demands a thorough understanding of Bills of Materials (BOM) principles and an integrated relationship with Contract Execution, Engineering, and Supply Chain departments.
- Provide Service Excellence in the form of processes, procedures, and technical guidance across the range of activities to ensure Critical to Quality (QTC) features of equipment overhauls are achieved.
- Ability to relate to internal and external customers promoting and delivering on what they view as CTQ.
- Able to accomplish tasks and deliver results through hands-on and practical activities.
- Acceptance that it may be required sporadically to travel both internally within the USA and internationally.
- Accept that it may sometimes be required to work hours beyond the standard working day in order to ensure CTQs are achieved for both internal and external customers.
- Accepts accountability and ownership.
- The capability of delivering results in a challenging environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills at all levels within an organization.
- Strong ability and willingness to improve one’s skill set.
- Strong MS Office and Computer-Aided Design (a plus) skills and an ability to learn computer software swiftly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Physically able to work in a workshop environment
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit ethosenergy.com.