Website TAS Energy
Production Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
TAS Energy is an industry-leading off-site construction manufacturer. The company provides design, fabrication, construction, manufacturing, installation, controls, and maintenance services.
The company is seeking a Production Manager who will be responsible for managing Production supervisors and direct labor staff, reviewing work performance, evaluating, and testing procedures, and reviewing and understanding project specifications and drawings.
Coordinates with engineering, purchasing, operations project engineers, quality, and project managers to ensure project requirements are met.
Responsible for overall department performance related to cost, quality, schedule, and safety in a project-oriented environment.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess 7 to 10 years of technical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting
- 8+ years of supervisory experience
- Management training
- Safety Training
- Addresses employee performance issues in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies, consulting with Human resources as appropriate.
- Alerts management of cost and labor overrun. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to the same.
- Completes tasks as directed by the Operations Manager with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates with engineering, purchasing, operations project engineers, quality control, and project managers to ensure project requirements are met.
- Coordinates with teams in the planning and execution of a wide variety of assembly activities.
- Develops and implements standard work procedures to continually improve overall department productivity. Trains and informs employees of new work methods and procedures.
- Develops skills and abilities of team members.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas.
- Directs operations across TAS manufacturing facilities to ensure the completion of projects within budget and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure timeliness, safety, and quality of material movement.
- Ensures department budgets are met, prioritizing shop expenditures to stay within budget and assisting in the preparation of capital and department expense budgets.
- Ensures redline and as-built drawing processes are strictly adhered to.
- Establishes work unit objectives and standards.
- Forecasts needed workspace and headcount.
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork within the department.
- Hires, trains, develop and appraise staff effectively.
- Identifies, recommends, and prioritizes the acquisition of tools and other capital equipment to improve the overall efficiency of the department.
- In conjunction with the EHS Manager, trains employees on changes in safety regulations, work policies, and standards.
- Maintains measurements for quality, schedule, and cost performance.
- Manages load planning based on backlog and forecasted workload.
- Plan, develop, and implement product production lines.
- Responsible for safe work practices, maintaining a safe work environment, and ensuring work crews follow safe practices and HSE programs, including Lock-out Tag-out.
- Schedules, assigns and monitors work orders.
- Validates and updates department training curriculum by reviewing existing material and revising as necessary and ensures all department employees complete required training.
- Any other duties as assigned by TAS.
- Ability to communicate issues and solutions with project engineers
- Heavy Mechanical and Fabrication background experience with pumps, motors, process piping, valves, control valves, skid-based units, process skids, and instrumentation
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel
- Must be able to perform shop math
- Must read and interpret P&ID, ISO, and engineering assembly drawings
- Experience in an ISO-certified environment (a plus)
- Knowledge of AWS/ASME welding procedures
- Ability to effectively coordinate and supervise multiple projects.
- Able to make decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Commitment to the concept of continual improvement and effective quality management systems.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and techniques.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Ability to stand up to 11 hours a day (with a lunch break), up to 6 days a week
- Ability to work in a non-temperature-controlled environment
- Exposed to a combination of normal office-type environments and shop environments
- Lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise
- Safety glasses are required while performing tasks
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment (required)
- Steel-toe boots required in Manufacturing Facility
TAS Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.