Website Precision Castparts Corporation
Production Operator Job Highlights
|Henderson, NV, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is looking for a Production Operator to join its team.
This is the entry-level role for the melt shop line of promotion.
- Not mentioned, a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Follow all safety and standard operating procedures.
- Produce titanium metal to specifications at an acceptable production pace.
- To assist an operator in loading, unloading, vacuum arc re-melt furnaces, and welding stubs and wafers on metal electrodes.
- Assists operators in disconnecting furnace accessories and loading.
- Assists operators in the maintenance of furnaces.
- Assists operators in material handling.
- Break mis-welded electrodes apart and also repair electrode welds as required
- Clean, inspect, drop check, and paint crucibles signs off crucibles per the direction of the Double Melt Furnace Operator.
- Cleans and inspects welds and removes any contaminants.
- Completes and maintains records and makes computer entries as required. (Peak entries and sign-off)
- Fabricates electrodes by welding aligned compacts, sponge ends, and stubs. Operating weld lines and weld chamber controls, wire weld units utilizing required tools and equipment.
- Fabricates electrodes by welding aligned electrodes, stubs by operating weld line and weld chamber controls, and power rollers.
- Identifies cleans and inspects stubs for use in the fabrication of electrodes per welding specifications.
- In transporting stubs, fabricated electrodes, and ingots, operates materials handling equipment, cranes, hoists, etc.,
- Keeps equipment and working area in clean and orderly condition.
- Loads, unloads, and transports materials and supplies to and from other areas.
- Makes minor maintenance and repairs to equipment and assists maintenance employees in major maintenance and repairs. Performs minor PMs on equipment.
- Places electrodes on declare with a crane and turns on an automatic cycle.
- Unloads electrodes and ingots from the crucible. Cleans and inspects crucible bottoms.
- Furnace assemblies, materials handling equipment, fork truck, hand tools, plasma arc welding equipment, wire welding equipment, weld chamber, vacuum pumps, hydro-blaster, work savers, cranes, hoists, welding units, welding jig, floor-controlled overhead crane, cleaning tools, hand truck, measuring tape, work saver, forklift, scales, copper crucible, and bottoms, tumbler, etc.
- Initial charge sponge and metal electrodes, stubs, wafers, titanium wire, inert gas, acid, etc.
- This position requires the use of information or access to production processes subject to national security controls under U.S. export control laws and regulations (including, but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- To be qualified to work in this facility, a successful applicant must be a U.S. Person, as defined in those regulations, and able to supply evidence of that qualification prior to starting work or be authorized to receive controlled information under a specific license or permission from the relevant government agency.
- The U.S. export control regulations define a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), and certain categories of Asylees and Refugees.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.