Production Scheduler Job Highlights
|Location||Lancaster, SC, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company is searching for a Production Scheduler to join its team for logistics supply chain needs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Communicate changes to impacted stakeholders, (i.e., manufacturing, programming, purchasing, plant management, supervisors, etc.) on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate pre-production planning meetings and ensure action items are completed resulting from this meeting
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities within the scheduling process and support plant continuous improvement initiatives using Lean methodologies.
- Indirectly reports to the Materials Manager to schedule daily fabrication tasks necessary to achieve targets set by the Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- Maintain data accuracy on raw materials, work in process, and completed parts/components keeping necessary stakeholders informed
- Manage a small team of production programmers to ensure jobs are accurately programmed and released to production in a timely manner.
- Optimize machine utilization through production scheduling to eliminate manufacturing bottlenecks
- Provide up-to-date and accurate scheduling and production information to the plant leadership teams
- Smooth production schedule based on customer commitments, specific job needs, and manufacturing complexity based on production capacity, capability, and material availability
- Work across departments to ensure the hardware is available before scheduled production start dates including managing the plant outsourcing process
- Work in close coordination with production and quality teams to identify engineering errors, request changes to prints, track changes, release to production, and drive timely response to requests for changes
- Works alongside the Shipping Supervisor, Fabrication Supervisor, and Fit/Weld Supervisor reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- The company offers competitive benefits and programs to help you and your family meet your healthcare and retirement planning needs.
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.