Production Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company (Arcosa Shoring) is searching for a Production Supervisor who will support a positive safety culture by planning and directing production activities and staff.
Supervise departments and work to achieve plant goals while maintaining a high standard for safety, quality, and productivity.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent (preferred)
- Possess 5+ years of experience in supervisory/foreman position
- Flux Core experience
- MIG welding experience
- Check and monitor the fit-up and completion of final welds or multi-pass welds
- Delegate jobs to team members as determined by their capabilities and the general requirements of specific work projects and site parameters
- Direct the layout of complex subassemblies and final products
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- Layout and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
- Maintain and complete all required records
- Manage a CNC work area that consists of lathes and mills
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Meet with other managers/supervisors and necessary personnel as required in order to fully resolve conflicts, complications, and other issues according to company and client standards/requirements
- Review all project activities, work equipment, and sites every day to make sure everything is performed to company standards as well as to the latest OSHA regulations and standards
- Train new crew members and provide workers with continuing education so that all work meets the most current specifications
- Ability to work in high-stress conditions and quickly changing environments
- Able to give direction and make decisions related to crew members
- Able to read blueprints
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, and loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant.
- Hourly full-time position
- Safety sensitive role
- May require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- The work environment includes plant, warehouse, production, and non-production areas
- Activating the potential of our people
- Be aware of and observe all safety practices
- Caring for our customers
- Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promoting a results-driven culture that is aligned with long-term value creation.
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures
- Optimizing operations
- Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health and Pharmacy
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.