Production Supervisor Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Lancaster, SC, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company (Meyer Utility Structures, an Arcosa subsidiary) is looking for a Production Supervisor who will oversee multiple activities simultaneously and take ownership of the output from employees working on their team.
Also responsible for exhibiting a strong working knowledge of all machinery, equipment, and processes.
Manage the departments and work to achieve plant goals while maintaining a high standard for safety, quality, and productivity at the facility.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess at least 2 years of demonstrated successful leadership experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a metal fabrication or welding facility, specifically with flux and or metal core welding (highly preferred)
- Assign employees to workstations and ensure proper training is completed
- Assist in continuous improvement activities to improve the movement of materials through various production processes.
- Coach employees on work quality and quantity such as fit-up and welding processes, ensuring goals are met and solving issues as they arise and are identified
- Ensure employees follow all safety procedures and protocols, serve on safety committees, and complete regular safety audits
- Ensure the production of sufficient quantities of quality products at or below budgeted production costs
- Manage daily production operations of heavy industrial products for assigned work group
- Manage hourly employees, monitor, and approve timesheets and work logs
- Overcome obstacles as they appear in achieving established safety, production, efficiency, and quality metrics
- Set production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply, staffing resources, and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality
- Manage all aspects of fit-up and welding processes for assigned work groups and production bays, ensuring that production policies and procedures are strictly adhered to by all employees.
- Thorough knowledge of blueprints and layouts preferably related to transmission poles.
- A high degree of dependability, maturity, and strong leadership characteristics as demonstrated through previous professional work experience.
- Must be able to work 3 pm-11 pm, Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays as production requires.
- Regular and predictable attendance, a great attitude, and an ability to work well with a team toward achieving a common goal.
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.