Website Trane Technologies
Production Supervisor Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||La Crosse, WI, United States|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company seeking a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for all aspects of production in their area of responsibility (welding and machining). This includes responsibilities around safety, quality, productivity, and delivery metrics.
Also, responsible for working with the team around staffing requirements, standard work adherence, and labor relations while promoting and uplifting an engaged team.
They work closely with plant leadership and manage a team of hourly associates.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Experience leading hourly associate teams of 10 to 40 employees
- Communicates/updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Completes incident reports, and behavior-based audits, and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies incidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Ensures a safe workplace is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance.
- Inspects and monitors production quality and equipment preventive maintenance. Ensures quality and preventative maintenance procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Promotes and supports the company’s efforts in associate involvement concepts, and “open door” communications through employee development and Uplifting opportunities.
- Promotes commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Review daily schedules and production capabilities to ensure all requirements are met.
- Supervises the activities of production associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost, time, and manufacturing flow.
- Ability to work second shift hours + overtime as needed.
- Communicate effectively within the department as well as with supporting functions.
- Good computer skills and ability to adjust as required.
- Involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, welding, and vehicles.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds.
- Requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout the day.
- Working knowledge or desire to build operational excellence foundation and Lean Principles.
- Works with cross-functional teams to identify root causes and implement corrective actions regarding safety incidents, production defects, scrap, and implementing corrective action.
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.