Website Johnson Controls
Production Supervisor (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Supervisor – Welding|
|Location||Gilbert, AZ, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is seeking a Production Supervisor (Welding) who will be accountable for directing the activities of a work team in meeting daily production schedules in the assembly/fabrication of sub-assemblies, parts, or units of an assigned area while maintaining a high degree of commitment to production goals, efficiency, quality, and safety standards.
- Applicants should have an Associate Degree (college/university) or equivalent (combination of education or work experience)
- Possess a minimum 6 years of experience working in a manufacturing/production environment
- Minimum 3 years of production supervisory experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Anticipate and react to production problems or delays, materials shortages, and equipment malfunctions.
- Control costs within budget levels, minimizing scrap and rework costs.
- Facilitate and direct team members’ workflow within the assigned department, including distributing work, disseminating information, assigning team members for absences, answering questions, and resolving problems within the work unit.
- Maintain accurate production and employee records.
- Maintain fair and consistent application of all company policies and procedures.
- Promote a safe work environment and assure employees follow all safety policies.
- Provide technical assistance for equipment malfunctions and expediting repairs.
- Supervise, evaluate, and train the workgroup. Assist in accident investigation and corrective action.
- Work with engineering to effect improvements in cost reduction, work simplification, production scheduling, and man-hour planning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of experience working in manufacturing/production will also be considered
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma experience utilizing Lean tools to measure and improve the department’s Key Business Drivers (i.e. VSM, SMED, 5s, TPM, Kaizen, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS D1.1 welding code (required)
- Polished people management skills
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite
- Well-established technical background with hands-on experience in metal fabrication, steel, and pipefitting
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.