Website The Timken Company
Production Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Denver, CO, United States|
|Company||The Timken Company|
The Timken Company is a global industrial leader with a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and power transmission solutions. The company specializes in power transmission, friction management, bearings, rail, consumer, automotive, aerospace, construction, defense, energy, industrial equipment, health, machine tool, heavy industry, positioning control, and power generation.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor and Crane Services, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor who will support operations and supervise all work performed in the motor shop including, but not limited to, Mechanics, Rewinders, Machinists, Parts Washers, and Field Service personnel.
In addition to the supervisory duties, the motor shop foreman is also responsible for repairing various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalency (required)
- Bachelors in Business, Engineering or similar field (preferred)
- 10 years of electrical-mechanical motor shop repair, or 4 with a Bachelors
- 2 years of welding experience, preferred
- 4 years of experience in previous team leadership or lead role, required
- Welding experience is highly desirable
- Analyze repair data and manage KPI’s of OTD, Warranty, and Safety Performance
- Manage overall production team
- Attend and participate in operational meetings regarding shop loading, quality, on-time delivery (OTD), and other performance measures
- Conduct associate evaluations and develop performance improvement plans
- Cross department collaboration with engineering, service, and administrative teams to coordinate smooth workflow
- Develop, maintain, and execute the production schedule
- Direct, or provide training, cross-training, and development of mechanics, rewinders, and machinists
- Ensure shop upkeep and cleanliness and maintain a “Tour Ready” standard
- Ensure that proper tools and necessary equipment are available and in good condition to perform required work efficiently
- Oversee and drive the safety culture at the site, acting as a champion and ensuring safety processes are adhered to through personal observations, safety inspections, and other methods
- Provide continuity to all aspects of production and repair of apparatus
- Requisition and approve supplies for mechanical, electrical, and machine departments
- Responsible for overall facility, machine, and equipment inspection and maintenance
- Responsible for quality control (QC), EASA standards, ISO Work Instructions compliance, and other regulatory functions
- Schedule and prioritize work to be performed by mechanical, electrical, and machining departments, including personnel schedule
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Business Manager
- Ability to direct workflow and delegate objectives to crane shop personnel
- A high degree of accuracy, professionalism, honesty, and integrity displayed in all aspects of work
- Knowledge of Lean, 5S, ISO, Kaizen preferred
- Motor shop or relevant experience, required
- Previous team leadership or lead role, required
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, preferred
- Strong organization and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical and control systems is highly desirable
This position is eligible to participate in the company’s short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
Timken is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.timken.com.