Website Johnson Controls
Production Technician III (Utility) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Technician III (Utility)|
|Location||Port Arthur, TX, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is looking for a Production Technician III (Utility) to join its team for manufacturing operations.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree (a plus)
- Possess at least 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with the Johnson Controls Safety Program, OSHA, and EPA.
- Must have knowledge of hand tools.
- Assembly of complicated components or equipment with rigid tolerance requirements via product drawings.
- Determine operation sequences and methods where specifications are not available.
- Able to operate forklift and overhead crane independently.
- Performs a range of operations including tapping, drilling, reaming, pipe fitting, wiring, setting pumps, and shimming.
- Able to test equipment as needed including hydro and NDE processes.
- Prepare final products for shipment.
- The ability to work as a team player, including working with Welders, Material Handlers, Engineers, and other members of management to resolve issues and meet customer requirements, is required.
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision, and must be willing to work with others that they interact with to resolve problems and meet customer requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to read and comprehend general business documents, computer printouts, and invoices.
- Must have strong computer skills and organizational skills, a desire to learn, and be detail-oriented.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle new and changing tasks, follow instructions and defined procedures, and show a willingness to learn.
- Must be able to work well with others and be a productive team member.
- Extended hours or overtime may be required based on workload.
- The general work area is in a production environment where moderate levels of noise or heat and cold occur.
- Frequently operate mechanical equipment such as forklifts, overhead cranes, pallet jacks, ladders, etc.
- Occasionally be required to physically lift, pull, push, or apply force up to 50 lbs. Occasional grasping, bending, stooping, and twisting is involved.
- Extended periods of squatting, standing, climbing, kneeling, and walking are occasionally required.
- Must have constant free mobility of hands, wrists, and arms in order to operate hand tools, computer equipment, and materials storage equipment.
- Some physical and mechanical dexterity is required.
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.