Production Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Simi Valley, CA, United States
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, manufacturing and supply chain, workforce, and government IT solutions to customers in the aerospace, defense, commercial vehicles, and automotive, industrial, and private sectors.
The company is searching for a Production Welder who will perform routine welding and fitting tasks that meet company and departmental objectives.
Assists in the creation and maintenance of welding/fitting procedures as required in support of product or process improvement initiatives.
Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with the ultimate goal of zero accidents.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Assists in the development and implementation of product improvement initiatives and identifies where improvements in function, efficiency, and quality can be achieved
- Ensures the performance of work and the maintenance of a work environment that meets safety goal objectives
- Maintains a consistent standard of work and performance in compliance with regulatory and Quality Assurance standards
- Manufactures and assembles metal fabrications i.e. ferrous and non-ferrous using appropriate equipment and processes provided
- Manufactures and assembles, fabricated and mechanical components, structures, and vessels from drawings
- Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding, and weld finishing operations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and weld prints
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of welding techniques
- Strong knowledge of basic math
- Medical/Health Benefits with multiple plan options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental and Vision/glasses/prescription contact lenses, and eye test options available.
- On-the-job training/cross-training to develop and expand skills, creating opportunities for advancement and personal development. Tuition reimbursement is available for relevant development opportunities.
- Life Insurance, disability insurance, and voluntary life insurance for family members are available. Accident and critical illness insurance is optional.
- Scheduled performance reviews create opportunities for advancement and pay increases.
- A Referral Program compensates active employees for referring friends and former colleagues when the referral results in hiring the person. Our team has grown with referrals and internal promotions.
Belcan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit belcanjobs.smartsearchonline.com.