Production Welder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Production Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Fayetteville, NC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Production Welder who will perform routine hand-welding or robotic welding on a repetitive and non-repetitive nature on standard and near-standard assemblies.
Deburr, grind, and fit components prior to welding. Grind and polish finished elements as required. Block jig or position parts prior to welding. Assist other operators in their work as directed/required.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) from an accredited institution
- Welding Certification is required
- The candidates should have at least 1-year welding experience in a manufacturing and production setting.
- Complete necessary preparation work such as wiping, degreasing, deburring, or grinding of components.
- Deliver material to/from work stations using material handling equipment, position work material on work surface. Ensure correct parts and matching documentation reaches the next process in a timely fashion.
- Inspect parts periodically or as directed utilizing manufacturing information such as drawings/blueprints, make necessary adjustments as required. Keep accurate piece count and other applicable records.
- Maintenance of equipment such as dressing of welding electrodes, oiling/greasing, machine settings, changing of tooling, and minor adjustments may be necessary. Complete necessary maintenance check sheets and inform Supervisor and/or Maintenance personnel of any problems.
- Operate spot welders, arc welders, plasma TIG welder, MIG welder, cutting torch, power grinder, power sanders, hand tools, bandsaws, drills, temporary fixturing devices, jigs and fixtures, and other metal-fabrication equipment as directed.
- Perform work from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions.
- Utilize manufacturing information, determine necessary parts/inventory, jigs/fixtures, and obtain materials from stock areas.
- Demonstrated proficiency in welding techniques, shop blueprint/drawing comprehension, and shop math skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with DMM.
- Demonstrated proficiency with drawings and/or blueprints.
- Sufficient proficiency with precision-measuring equipment such as but not limited to calipers, tape measures, micrometers, etc. Hand tools will be utilized such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, drills, grinders, portable bandsaws, files, power hand tools, drill presses, air-driven hand tools, etc.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Donation matching (U.S. Canada, Puerto Rico).
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
Note: These programs are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Fayetteville, NC will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.