Production Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Smithville, TN, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking to hire a Production Welder who will tend one or more machine tools, special purpose machines, industrial robots, or hand welders to machine metal workpieces to specifications on a production rate basis.
- The applicants may have a High School Diploma (not compulsory)
- The candidates should have industrial or manufacturing experience with 12-month shop floor operations experience (preferred)
- The ability to certify on both MIG and TIG welding
- Prior certification is not required, however, it is preferred
- Adds coolant to machine reservoir and turns valve to start the flow of coolant.
- Cleans machined parts.
- Files, sands, or shapes machined parts.
- Inspects and measures machined workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist and secures workpiece in fixture or loads automatic feeding device.
- MIG/TIG welds product parts to specification either by machine or manually.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust the machine.
- Replaces worn machine accessories such as cutting tools or brushes.
- Starts machine, engages feed and observes operation.
- Tends machines and equipment other than machine tools.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to add and subtract. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions, and short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Equipment to be Used
- MIG welder
- TIG welder
- Welding Helmet
- Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently is required to walk and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, liquids including oil, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- On rare or infrequent occasions, the manager may assign a short trip to any one of several staff members.
- Travel by auto or commercial carrier to attend meetings or conferences or visit customers or other plants.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.