Website GMT Corporation
Production Welder II Job Highlights
|Title||Production Welder II|
|Pay||$16.00 – $19.00 per hour|
|Location||Waverly, IA, United States|
GMT Corporation is one of the largest manufacturing companies in the United States specializing in welding, fabrication, CNC machining, and assembly.
The company is seeking a welder to join its production team.
The job does not require special educational qualifications. Read below.
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of welding experience in the related field.
- Accurately records work-related data to include proper time reporting, in addition to other required/requested data and information.
- Finished weldment by grinding, sanding, or chipping rough or sharp edges, weld splatter, surplus weld, or scale.
- Inspects the finished weldment to ensure that all welds conform to print specifications.
- Keeps training current and maintains the ability to read and comprehend blueprints and weld symbols.
- Maintains a safe workplace by cleaning work areas, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Ensures materials are welded correctly by studying blueprints, visualizing, and planning the sequence of welding. Performs selected method and procedure of welding.
- Prepares materials to be welded by performing the duties such as grouping together materials, checking sizes to print, aligning material per part print, tasking together weldment, verifying tolerance, and welding project or weldment.
- Produces quality weldment by accurately welding projects or weldments. May be required to perform any of the following weldment procedures; hard weld (pre-heat block or casting and weld at a proper temperature to ensure weldment does not crack and it properly cools down), production welding (verifies materials, welds, and inspects finished weldment to ensure the quality) and heat treating (heat to the proper temperature and quench in oil or water to produce desired hardness).
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
GMT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit gmtcorporation.hireclick.com.