Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Production Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Dayton, OH, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is looking for a Welder who will set up and operate all types of welding equipment and flame-cutting equipment to produce both production and custom-designed parts.
- The applicants should have a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Successful completion of welding school, covering such welding processes as electric arc, semi-automatic (MIG), automatic submerged arc, TIG, oxy-acetylene welding, and brazing – (documentation required).
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in fabrication type work.
- Chip and/or grind off excess slag or weld.
- Maintain weld size of bead and penetration to drawing specification.
- Operate hoists, saws, shears, rolls, presses, and related fabrication equipment.
- Setup workpieces according to engineering drawings or verbal instructions.
- Use fixtures to position workpieces.
- Use proper welding process and procedure for various types of steel, stainless steel, and other alloys.
- Weld parts per job specifications.
- Work in a safe manner at all times to conform to factory rules.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, and work from verbal instructions with special emphasis placed on welding symbol interpretations.
- Attend supplementary instructions as required.
- Basic understanding of electrical variables relative to arc weldings such as polarity, voltage, and amperage.
This job description was drafted for use by management to provide a short description of the job classification. It is not intended to encompass all of the duties of the classification and, frequently, duties of other job classifications may overlap with those described in this position guide.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.