Website Air Products
Production Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Production Welding Technician
|Palmetto, FL, United States
Air Products is an industrial gas company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemicals, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
The company is hiring a Production Welding Technician to join its team for the Manufacturing Plant.
Technical School Graduates – Students with a background in Welding, Industrial Systems, or Machine Tool Technology, are encouraged to apply. Air Products is a sponsor of Skills USA and participants are encouraged to apply.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (required)
- Associate degree in a technical field (preferred)
- Previous welding experience (required)
- Prior fabrication craft skills or manufacturing experience (required)
- Support the company’s industrial gas and LNG business. As well as pressure vessels, distillation columns, piping skids, and cold boxes it is also the world’s leading manufacturer of liquefied natural gas (LNG) heat exchangers. Each heat exchanger consists of coil wound tube bundles housed within an aluminum or stainless-steel pressure shell, all of which are assembled and welded by skilled employees at the plant.
- Requires knowledge of GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, fabrication drawings, blueprints, AWS weld symbols, and welding procedures. GMAW of aluminum experience is a plus.
- Require experience setting up welding equipment for safe and efficient use, and the use of aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel welding in various positions and degrees of difficulty.
- Also be exposed to multiple craft skills including, but not limited to-
- Machining, Plasma Cutter, Press Break, Lathe, Saw, Milling
- Shop mathematics and blueprints
- Welding, fitting, and cutting skills
- Dye penetrant testing
- LNG tube winding operations
- Ability to pass qualification tests in accordance with ASME Section IX and qualified WPS.
- Some travel opportunities may be available (domestic and international)
- You must be able to work any shift
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
- Be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.