Program Buyer (Purchasing) Job Highlights
|Program Buyer (Purchasing)
|Monroe, MI, United States
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Program Buyer (Purchasing) who will be responsible for providing purchasing support to the business commercial and new product launch efforts. This includes new business requests for quotation, new product launch development, leading early supplier involvement, value analysis/value engineering, and leading supplier launch coordination with local manufacturing sites in alignment with global purchasing commodity teams.
- B.S. Degree in a related Business or Technical discipline (college/university)
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience; prior program purchasing experience desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management or related work environment or demonstrated ability and skills to support new product launches
- Experience in working with Low-Cost Country suppliers.
- Support new business quotes with purchased material costs. Either through supplier quotations or utilization of should-cost models and techniques.
- Coordinate supplier new product introductions in support of customer product launches. Provide active representation on the project teams until SOP + 90 days.
- Work with commodity purchasing teams in developing sourcing plans that support Program needs and align with commodity sourcing strategy
- Provide sourcing recommendations that align with strategic goals, and best cost and demonstrate deep understanding of the options for a given part.
- Provide supply material pricing cost summaries to respective product launch teams.
- Utilize supplier selection in alignment with global purchasing commodity strategies and new product performance requirements.
- Coordinate early supplier involvement with product development teams to optimize cost.
- Support respective project prototype purchasing requirements.
- Negotiate technical or supply agreements with suppliers involved in “early supplier involvement” to ensure that Tenneco’s design and developed technology are protected.
- Support improvement of supplier launch procedures to minimize inventory obsolescence and support lean manufacturing needs in alignment with operational expectations.
- Liaison to business units, as required.
- Ability to develop and work with cost models, cost breakdowns,
- Ability to interpret and communicate engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to interpret offer letters and terms and conditions
- Demonstrated ability and skills to support new product launch process (i.e. APQP, project planning, TenPLUS, or equivalent).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written across various levels. Fluent in Spanish is desired.
- Familiar with a range of manufacturing processes, such as tubing (welded and seamless), metal forming and fabrication, rubber/rubber to metal bonding, plastic injection molding, and castings.
- Familiar with international business practices and challenges in implementing international supply chain strategies.
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers, engineers, managers, and related; have the ability to make reasonable decisions quickly; be a team player
- Strong and demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of ERP systems (SAP & Titan).
- Strong leadership skills and team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.