Website Norsk Hydro
Program Manager (Fabrication Plant) Job Highlights
|Program Manager-Fabrication Plant
|Phoenix, AZ, United States
Hydro is a leading industrial company that builds businesses and partnerships for a more sustainable future. The company’s businesses present a broad range of market segments for aluminum, energy, metal recycling, renewables, and batteries, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
The company is searching for a Program Manager (Fabrication Plant) who will coordinate and facilitate activities at the local plant level related to launches and ramp-up of new business opportunities for operation, especially automotive and complex programs.
Coordinate timing and resources for installation of new equipment/tooling, qualification of new products and equipment, conducting capability analysis, conducting capacity analysis, and performing process trials/verifications for all manufacturing areas related to fabrication.
Also be responsible for driving improvements to existing products or processes, as well as maintaining product engineering responsibility for released products.
Work closely and be a liaison between local plant leadership, quality, our commercial team, and key customer contacts.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferred). Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial/manufacturing experience
- Proven experience of successful leadership with executing launch processes (3 years min)
- Experience with 3D Modeling in SolidWorks a plus (will accept other 3D modeling platforms)
- Exposure to the aluminum extrusion industry (a plus)
- Exposure to the Automotive Industry a plus (Tier 1-3)
- Extrusion, Fabrication experience (a plus)
- Weld process knowledge and experience (a plus)
- Responsible as program manager of the program from successful launch handoff to local plant level to the end of program life.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating plant resources during new product/equipment launches and assisting in transitioning programs to the local plant level.
- Responsible for driving improvements to existing products or processes, as well as maintaining product engineering responsibility for released products.
- Responsible for improving program reliability and profitability.
- A driven, self-motivated personality is critical. Experience working with multi-functional teams across disciplines; from manufacturing to sales to management.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all customer levels
- Ability to communicate and collaborate, orally and in writing, effectively with managers, supervisors, peers, and team members of all levels within the organization.
- Familiarity with metals (aluminum preferred) and fabrication processes, exposure to lean manufacturing, and proficiency in technical writing.
- Familiarity with PMBOK, basic program management discipline skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Manage program Scope, timing, and budget.
- Must be able to lead, train, and coach shop floor team with APQP/CP/SOP.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively drive projects and prototype orders through a manufacturing organization and execute successful hand-offs.
- Up to 20% travel required – domestic and international.
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Education Assistance
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
Hydro an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will be considered equally without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hydro.com.