Website Parker Hannifin
Project Coord Job Highlights
|Location||Mineral Wells, TX, United States|
Parker Hannifin manufactures motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of compressed air/gas treatment, on-site gas generation systems, and clean air solutions.
The Industrial Process Filtration Division is part of the Parker Filtration Group. The IPF Division provides leading filtration solutions that deliver maximum overall value as a preferred partner to our customers in key markets through a relentless commitment to focused innovative solutions, uncompromising customer service, and world-class quality.
The company is seeking a Project Coordinator to join its team.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering with 3 years of related industry experience from a university or college.
- The candidates should have 4 years of experience in shop fabrication, drafting, quality control, or fabrication management in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, 2D and 3D modeling, pressure vessel design software, and current ERP system, preferred.
- Related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- As necessary, meet with customer representatives or inspectors to ensure smooth job flow and positive customer relations.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure customer requirements are fully defined.
- If delays to the planned schedule occur, notify production schedulers and order entry so that fabrication and shop hours can be adjusted in a timely manner.
- Incorporate customer comments into drawings.
- Ensure that all applicable customer requirements are defined and communicated in the Specification Data Sheet and Drawings, including such things as, special welding and inspection requirements, materials, or special fabrication procedures.
- Ensure that the cost estimate is thoroughly understood and recognize that it establishes the project budget.
- Ensure the project budget is not exceeded without management approval.
- Maintain the job/order planning and project schedule.
- Perform or create: order and specification reviews for vessels, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) design calculations, Specification Data Sheets, and all required vessel fabrication drawings.
- Place emphasis on meeting production schedule and delivery requirements.
- Prepare a partial bill of materials (BOM) for long delivery items and have the BOM entered into the system.
- Release complete drawing package to shop on time.
- Respond quickly to shop questions and resolve problems.
- Submit approval drawings and documents to a customer on time.
- Support estimating department when required with specification review.
- When necessary, hold meetings with representatives from Manufacturing, QA, and Purchasing.
- Where possible, reduce costs below the estimate, consistent with good engineering, fabrication practices, and time constraints.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII Division 1 and ASME B31.3 codes, pressure vessel fabrication, welding procedures, materials, other related industry codes, and standards.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Occasionally lift or move 1 to 40 pounds.
- Occasionally stand, bend, stoop, walk, kneel, crouch, carry and climb.
- Talk and hear.
- Use hands or arms to finger, handle, feel and reach.
- Use specific vision faculties which include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit parkercareers.ttcportals.com.