Website Howmet Aerospace
Project Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Waco, TX, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
Howmet Fastening Systems is looking for a Project Engineer in our R&D Department. The individual provides Project level responsibility for creating new fastener products geared towards electrical connection and grounding applications.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering (BSEE) from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience in any combination of OEM product-related machine controls design, resistance welding, PLC programming, robotic programming, electrical circuit design, Arduino programming, etc.
- 5+ years experience in any combination of OEM product-related machine controls design, resistance welding, PLC programming, robotic programming, electrical circuit design, Arduino programming, etc.
- Direct experience in product design for sales of products used by manufacturers
- Direct experience with automotive resistance welding processes
- Direct experience with electrical panel/connection component design, testing, and analysis (e.g. terminal blocks, grounding lugs, surge suppressors, splices/termination, etc.
- P.E. license in a related engineering discipline
- Develop and carry out test procedures of fastened joints to satisfy customer expectations (electrical related) such as thermal cycling effect on conductivity, general ground bond integrity, and current-carrying capacity
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Machine controls design and PLC programming to support tooling division new product development (Hydraulic power units, process monitoring, field mountable counters).
- Maintains full compliance and conducts all activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Project level responsibility for creating new fastener products geared towards electrical connection and grounding applications
- Technical application support of resistance spot riveting process with respect to weld schedule development for automotive and other applications
- Works with customers and sales/marketing to find and develop electrical connection and grounding applications
- Performs other duties as required.
- Design of machine control circuits
- Electrical analysis software (TBD)
- Familiarity with UL specification requirements/testing for fastening components used in grounding or current-carrying applications
- PLC programming – Allen Bradley
- Solidworks, Cocreate, MS Office
- Testing and specification of electrical connections and components
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering basics (statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, etc.)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.