Website Lincoln Electric
Project Engineer Job Highlights
|Fort Collins, CO, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is recruiting a Project Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and verifying complex activities for engineered projects to meet or exceed project management and customer expectations.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Welding Engineering (college/university) or equivalent
- 1 year or more experience in robotic industry or welding
- Basic SolidWorks skills
- Experience required in robotic automation integration, field service, application engineering, or robotic arc welding programming.
- Experience with Electrical troubleshooting skills a plus
- Experience with GMAW, heavy welding, TIG welding, or Plasma cutting.
- Technical knowledge of engineered robotic welding systems.
- Coordinates front-end reach reviews to ensure the success of a robotic application.
- Coordinates, implements, and verifies off-line programming efforts and online implementation of programming.
- Customer and internal training
- Developing robot welding processes
- Documentation and database management
- Ensures that project deliverables are in compliance with design specifications.
- Integrating Robotic welding systems
- Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promotes continual improvement in processes and procedures
- Promotes technical evolution of products and applications
- Provides backup support for technical project-related tasks for project managers.
- Represents Lincoln Electric in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Six Sigma project activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to develop and document procedures.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform site inspections or approve installations.
- Ability to understand system layouts or technical manuals.
- Ability to use common hand tools including a digital volt meter.
- Computer fluency skills are required to effectively work in programs such as CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to perform misc. tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of fabrication and manufacturing.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical prints.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting weld symbols.
- Skilled in organizing and high attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and verify complex activities for engineered projects to meet or exceed project management and customer expectations
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and respect.
- Behavior skills required include strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, ability to foster a cooperative business environment, hardworking, driven, detail-oriented, ability to work independently with little supervision, ability to work well under pressure, ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, strong problem-solving skills, willing to travel, ability to adapt to a dynamic agenda.
- Critical Thinking skills are required to coordinate, implement, and verify complex activities for engineered projects to meet or exceed project management and customer expectations
- Must be able to bring projects to closure.
- The noise level is usually moderate; temperatures in the customer work area may fluctuate with the seasons as the production area may not be air-conditioned.
- Work is a mix of standing, bending, squatting, lifting and walking, and some long periods of sitting.
- Frequent reaching, bending, pulling, and lifting in relationship to components to be gathered and integrated.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 70 pounds and frequently lift 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity to utilize the assembly equipment and tools.
- Requires utilizing ladders and working at height equipment.
- Driving between customer locations is required. Must have a valid and insurable driver’s license. Flying to customer locations may be required.
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Student Loan Debt Repayment
- Vision Insurance
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.