Project Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Poseyville, IN, United States|
NIX or NIX Metals specializes in manufacturing, maintenance, and industrial products sales. Further, they include custom fabrication, metal sales, heavy equipment repair, mobile welding/repair, CNC cutting services, liquid coatings, powder coating, sandblasting, safety, material handling, modular buildings, structural fabrication, and field services.
The company is looking for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for developing designs and drawings to provide solutions to customers’ needs.
Applicants are also responsible for estimating and project management of metal fabrication projects including materials, labor, and subcontracting.
This position will report to the Director of Pre-Production.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from college or university; preferred but not required in lieu of industry experience
- The candidates should have experience in CAD Design and estimate
- Answer questions from Nix fabrication shops regarding design and drawings as necessary
- Communicate effectively with customers regarding design, design changes, and solutions to current design problems
- Contribute to our team environment by anticipating the needs of co-workers, bringing a positive attitude into our culture, and showing an eagerness to discover and share new opportunities for our organization.
- Create and submit detailed estimates/quote letters for customers’ metal fabrication projects including materials, labor, and subcontracting
- Create detailed 3D model and fabrication drawings and complete bill of materials for projects
- Create detailed fabrication drawings from customer-provided design drawings or approved 3D concept drawings
- Effectively hand over projects to the Operations Manager for production
- Ensures all Nix Companies’ Core Values are adhered to and promoted through leading by example and creating an environment of trust and teamwork.
- Follow all company and common-sense safety policies, while using all required personal protective equipment, as necessary.
- Manage all customer and Nix operations’ needs for assigned projects
- A primary point of contact for customer and Nix operations for assigned projects for everything involved with estimating, design, purchasing, project management, and invoicing until project completion.
- Provide engineered solutions to customers’ needs
- Review concept designs (hand sketches and notes) from the sales team and/or customers to create 3D concept drawings for customer review
- Supervise assigned projects in progress and completed jobs for quality compliance
- Track assigned projects through the pre-production process utilizing Pipedrive (Nix CRM system)
- Travel to customer sites with sales representatives (or alone) and communicate effectively with customers to provide design assistance and obtain information and measurements for the development of designs, estimates, and drawings for fabrication projects
- Knowledge of steel components and properties
- Occasional overnight travel as necessary
- Organized with attention to detail
- Proficiency with CAD software required with Solidworks preferred
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Health Plans
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacations
- Simple IRA Matching
- Structured Bonus Plans
Nix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit www.nixmetals.com.