Website Lincoln Electric
Project Manager Job Highlights
|Fort Collins, CO, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is recruiting a Project Manager who will be responsible for organizing, planning, and follow-up of complex activities for engineering projects to meet or exceed management and customer expectations.
Oversees all aspects of projects.
Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes the progress of the project.
Project managers are involved in front-end sales activities in pursuit of orders and to review and establish proper scope, timeline, and costs for win-win results.
Project managers should also be involved or aware of ongoing activities to continue to build our relationship with our customers.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Welding Engineering or equivalent from a College/University
- Relevant experience leading custom-engineered projects
- CWI and CRAW-T certification (a plus)
- PMP certification (a plus)
- Experience with programming and process knowledge related to robotic welding (a plus)
- Authorizes the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves supplier invoices for payment.
- Coordinates system run-offs to inspect, approve, and accept completed projects.
- Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Develops project schedule and resource plan requirements for project execution.
- Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and minimize disruption of ongoing operations.
- Ensures that project deliverables comply with design specifications.
- Establishes performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepares project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Main point of contact for customer communication. Provides ongoing project status. Manages customer expectations. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction and respect.
- Manages and tracks project costs. Reports project cost forecasts and results to management.
- Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management of engineered projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by administration, engineering, assembly, and customer service related to projects.
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for engineered projects; provides cost estimates, participates in schedule review and risk analysis, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and engineering documents.
- Represents Lincoln Electric in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public or private agencies and organizations.
- Reviews and interprets proposed designs and customer specifications for appropriateness to required function and advises project team as to how best to achieve required results.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Project managers are leaders within the company and help drive the resolution of chronic issues, improve processes, and lead or support company initiatives.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Ability to perform site inspections or approve installations.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to project team.
- Ability to understand system layouts or technical manuals.
- Automation equipment troubleshooting skills a plus
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of fabrication and manufacturing.
- Proficient Microsoft Project
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in the use of computers, specifically in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Skills in workflow analysis and management.
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Technical knowledge of engineered robotic welding systems.
- Willing to travel
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and respect to retain and grow customer accounts.
- Ability to manage robotic welding and cutting systems on time and within budget.
- Behavioral skills required include strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, ability to foster a cooperative business environment, hardworking, driven, detail-oriented, ability to work independently with little supervision, ability to work well under pressure, ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, strong negotiation skills, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to make complex operating, administrative, and procedural decisions.
- Must be able to bring projects to closure.
- Ability to travel, lift up to 50 lbs., sit or stand for long periods
- Mixture of office and shop floor.
- The shop floor could entail working around equipment and conditions common in industrial and manufacturing environments.
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Student Loan Debt Repayment
- Vision Insurance
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.