Website Jim Myers & Sons
Project Manager Job Highlights
|Function||Project Management/Information Technology|
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Company||Jim Myers & Sons|
Jim Myers & Sons (JMS) is a nationally recognized equipment manufacturer leading the way in the municipal water and wastewater industry. All the designed equipment and the systems are developed in-house by utilizing the latest AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, and FEA/CFD technologies, along with our proprietary design software.
The company is searching for a Project Manager to join its Engineering Team.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant fields of engineering from a college/university with an equivalent combination of experience
- The candidates should have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Communicating with internal and external customers to provide project leadership along with project management
- Coordinating vendor information to assist in system design
- Creating and maintaining project records; archives proper files for retention
- Developing and monitoring the project schedule to meet the projects time objectives and milestones
- Developing project schedule with payment milestones
- Be responsible for project budget, timing, and quality including project deliverables
- Participating in Product Teams to help improve JMS products
- Preparing submittal packages, and communicating with customers and consulting engineering firms to obtain approvals
- Proactively contacting contractors, engineers, suppliers, and agencies as pertinent
- Some traveling to plant sites required for training, field measurements, and installation
- Working with field service personnel to resolve issues identified on site
- Working with project team members on multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow all JMS, Inc. policies and procedures
- Experience in Epicor ERP
- Experience with electrical power, instrumentation, and controls is a plus
- Experience with material handling systems (conveyors and bulk storage) is a plus
- Experience with the design of rotating equipment including shafts, gearboxes, and bearings
- Experience with the municipal water and wastewater industry is a plus
- Experienced in performing machine design calculations
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, welding, etc.
- Ability to conduct a thorough review of drawings and 3D SolidWorks models
- Experience with Project Management software
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of combined project management and engineering experience
- Requires a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the logical thought process
- Strong background in the design of mechanical equipment with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills including the ability to negotiate positive outcomes
Jim Myers & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.jmsequipment.com.