Website Siemens Energy
Project Quality Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Project Quality Manager|
|Location||Orlando, FL, United States|
Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions, and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers.
The company is looking for a Project Quality Manager to join its team.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality Management, Operations Management, or Business from a university/college, or similar, with related work experience
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Management programs or project execution, including planning, NC handling, reporting, QMS, risk identification, RCA, IMS auditing
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project quality management
- Experience in the oversight of supplier/subcontractor activities
- Welding and NDT knowledge/certification is a plus
- ASQ or equivalent certification (CQM, CQI, CAQ) is a plus
- Certification as ISO Internal Auditor is a plus
- Certification as a Lean Practitioner or 6 Sigma is a plus
- During Project Bid Phase – Review quality items in customer specifications to identify quality risks, feedback, and incorporation of previous Lessons Learned into bids, develop preliminary Quality Plan, review and comment on customer contract, and support project handover activities.
- During Project Execution Phase – Develop and manage Project Quality Plan, ITPs, CWPs, Quality Gates, review risk register and support mitigation planning, identify and communicate LL, ensure quality NCC data entry, support Site Quality personnel and activities, compile/review final Quality Documentation packages for the customer, warranty claim support
- Improvement Activities – Participate in NCC Avoidance through QIS Coordination, RCA Facilitation (Apollo, 5 Why, Ishikawa, etc), LL development, and clear communication of Continuous Improvement activities and results.
- Ongoing Operational Quality Support – Point of contact for RCA investigations with reliable corrective/preventative actions and participation in discovery, evaluation, and development of improvement projects. Identify areas for continuous improvement activities across the business.
- Other Activities – Perform Internal Audits, Support IMS/Governance, QIS coordinator, PACT facilitation, EN/Procurement support as needed (supplier, contractor, and partnering qualifications – technical, surveillance), Process and Procedure coordinator in BIC Cloud, Audit Coordinator in Quentic.
- Must have strong written and oral skills. Communicate with internal project teams. Must be detailed-orientated, and be able to perform a root cause analysis with reliable corrective and preventative action(s). Be able to delegate and direct others.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation specific to the power generation business (e.g. drawings, specifications, codes, standards, etc.)
- Ability to take ownership in the process while working with others in a matrix organization, to assure the project’s success
- Expert leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others, effective coaching, and leading a team-based approach to decision-making.
- Fluent in English, additional languages are valued
- Build extensive networks within the organization.
- Develop communication skills to work directly with Siemens Energy’s internal and external customers
- Experience and contribute to the collaborative environment of a high-performing team striving for continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Opportunities to engage with multiple parts of the business on exciting and challenging projects.
- Utilize your creativity to develop new solutions to challenges.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.