Website Bechtel Corporation
Project Supplier Quality Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Project Supplier Quality Specialist|
|Location||Cape Canaveral, FL, United States|
Bechtel is trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is searching for a Project Supplier Quality Specialist to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of progressive related experience; including but not limited to, procurement preferably in an engineering, procurement, and construction environment OR
- In lieu of a formal degree, a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 12 years of progressive related experience, including but not limited to, procurement, preferably in engineering, procurement, quality control, quality assurance, and construction/fabrication environment
- Possess 6 years of manufacturing, quality control, or procurement experience.
- With a minimum of 6000 hours in a Fabrication/Manufacturing environment. (Previous NASA experience preferred)
- Current CWI AWS D1 weld inspection certification (required)
- Current or previous BSQE, NS&E Project, or other Bechtel certification as a Supplier Quality Representative SQR Level II Mechanical or Electrical discipline
- Current or previous NACE Coatings Inspection Certifications (required)
- Driver’s license
- Successful completion of Supplier Quality Representative Training Session Exams
- Assists in the development or interpretation of performance specifications to ensure the maintenance of client standards.
- Conducts capability surveys of prospective suppliers.
- Conducts facility surveys, including an evaluation through the independent judgment of the adequacy and implementation of quality assurance programs and manufacturing capabilities, and recommends status regarding a supplier’s incorporation into project bid lists.
- Conducts quality program verification of selected quality criteria to verify through an on-site review of objective evidence at the suppliers’ facility that the quality program has been implemented in accordance with the technical and quality requirements of the procurement documents.
- Current Certified Welding Inspector CWI certification.
- Current or recent Level II or III Electrical or Mechanical certification in accordance with a recognized national standard and Bechtel NS&E requirements.
- Current or recent Level II or III SNT-TC-1A certification in one or more Nondestructive Examination and Testing methods (RT, PT, UT, VT).
- Current or recent NACE Certified Coatings Inspector certification.
- Current or recent NEC Electrical Inspector certification.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and execute surveillance activities with Client Quality Inspectors, Subject Matter Experts, and Project personnel.
- Evaluates supplier’s compliance with industrial codes/standards; specified methods and procedures; and the maintenance/execution of quality systems.
- Experience or demonstrated proficiency in the concepts of administration of quality surveillance assignments, including capability surveys and compliance audits.
- Experience with major commodities typically procured for global business unit projects recognized Codes and Standards, manufacturing methods, inspection/examination/testing techniques, and technical document review and implementation.
- Knowledge of Bechtel Procurement System and Supplier Performance Database, and Supplier Warning and Advisory process.
- Knowledge of supply chain process and quality management programs including AS9100D, ISO 9001, ANSI N 45.2, 10CFR50 Appendix B, and NQA-1. A minimum of 6,000 hours of in-shop quality surveillance or related work.
- Monitors inspection activities of supplier personnel including the witnessing of operations, inspections, examinations, or tests to verify that procurement document requirements have been met.
- Monitors the administrative and technical performance of Third Party Agency quality surveillance contractor personnel to assure that Corporate Supplier Quality Manual and Procedures and quality surveillance assignment instructions are implemented.
- Participates as an audit team member or technical resource for nuclear material or quality program audits.
- Prepares detailed reports covering assigned activities.
- Prepares evaluations of the supplier’s performance and recommends continuance or removal as a qualified supplier to minimize the possibility of awarding contracts to unqualified sources.
- Releases conforming material for shipment and notify other client functional organizations to assist in the coordination of their activities.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Reviews the procurement document requirements with supplier representatives to ensure they are known and understood.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Working understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned by the Project Supplier Quality Supervisor
- Ability to interpret purchase contracts
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced knowledge of supplier procurement activities and manufacturing processes.
- Basic computer skills
- Competency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must have US citizenship
- ANSI N45.2 visual acuity required
- Domestic travel is required (75% to 90%) some international travel may be required
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds, crawl, kneel, and lie in confined spaces
- Must be able to transport computer and luggage as necessary for travel
- Subject to long and irregular work hours
- Subject to varying road and traffic conditions and air travel
- Typical construction sites, factories, and indoor offices
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.