Propulsion Manufacturing Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Propulsion Manufacturing Technician|
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
Astranis predominantly builds small, low-cost telecommunications satellites. The company is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. It is building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
The company is looking for a Propulsion Manufacturing Technician who will be responsible for the assembly of propulsion components in a cleanroom environment.
The position will also be involved in the fabrication of multiple geostationary satellites.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3+ years of industry experience in a design and manufacture related role.
- Experience with automotive or medical hardware design and manufacture
- Experience with in-space propulsion system design and manufacture
- Experience with orbital welding and weld inspection certifications
- Experience with precision cleaning and x-ray inspection
- Familiarity with welding standards like AWS D17.1
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Assure process repeatability
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the manufacturing process
- Operate equipment like an orbital welder, helium leak detector, manual TIG welder, drill press, chop saw, high-pressure gas systems, power supplies, microscopes, and more.
- Record data during manufacture and test operations
- Revise work instructions for future technicians
- Work in a clean room with flight hardware
- A dedication to continuous improvement
- Able to list 25 lbs. unassisted
- Climbing ladders, long durations of standing, grasping, sitting, pulling, and physical bending movements
- Experience working in a cleanroom
- Hands-on experience working with liquid and gas systems
- US Citizenship or Green Card
Astranis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for the jobs regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.