Prototype Associate I (Welder) Job Highlights
|Title||Prototype Associate I (Welder)|
|Location||Canton, OH, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The company is hiring a Prototype Associate (Welder) who will assist in the building of prototypes, test samples for testing, fabricating, welding, assembly machining, burning, and maintenance in the department.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of professional experience and or technical degree a plus
- Forklift experience preferred
- Welding and fabrication experience a must- must be able to pass 2G weld test and continue developing welding capabilities
- Assembly and packaging of prototypes and production parts.
- Basic equipment operation. Including, weld fixtures, mills, saws, grinders, shot blast, weld robots.
- Forklift operation for pulling inventory and moving materials between workstations.
- Identify and maintain a 5-S atmosphere.
- Painting and paint-prep operations.
- Participate as an active member of the safety team.
- Welding and repair of returnable containers, shipping brackets, and prototypes.
- Computer skills highly desired; experience in Microsoft Office
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Detail Oriented
- Occasional sitting, driving forklift
- Frequent standing, walking
- Occasional lifting of heavy objects
- Exposure to a manufacturing setting, including welding and hearing protection areas
- Exposure to forklift traffic
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.