Prototype Fabricator III Job Highlights
|Title||Prototype Fabricator III|
|Location||Sunnyvale, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is seeking a Prototype Fabricator who will support the development of prototype parts, systems, and vehicles as well as directly impact and support Tesla’s mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.
The position is a member of the Machine and Prototype Shop within Tesla’s Design organization.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in welding (must include TIG and MIG)
- 5+ years of experience in manual machining (Lathe and Mill)
- Detailed tracking and documenting of fabrication processes and results
- Interact with engineering teams to execute work requests
- Machining – Manual lathe, manual mill, parts set up
- Maintain equipment as required
- Organization of material and parts
- Perform all assignments in accordance with EH&S and security policies
- Preparation and fabrication of parts to engineering specifications
- Provide feedback to leadership on design and process improvement
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, weld symbols, and GD&T
- Root cause analysis and problem-solving
- Sheetmetal – 2D CNC cutting, CNC Press Brake, manual sheet metal equipment
- Welding – TIG, MIG, CMT, in a variety of welding positions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to remain positive and focused in demanding and stressful situations
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Automotive experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with common Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with shop tools/machines (drill press, bandsaws, belt sanders, H-Press, Oxy-Acetylene torch, hand tools, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of sheet metal design and fabrication
- Forklift experience
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering documents/CAD/Drawings/Weld Symbols
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Mechanical aptitude
- Metallurgical knowledge
- Proficiency with measurement tools and inspection
- Work efficiently and effectively both independently and as a team
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.