Website AZZ, Inc.
QA/QC Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Suwanee, GA, United States|
AZZ Specialty Welding is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry.
- The company is looking for an individual who can handle QC inspection of shop fabrication activities.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Degree or Equivalent plus technical training/experience.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of quality control experience in the power generation or metal fabrication industry, which includes at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Individuals must be familiar with ASME Code and other codes and standards, which govern the fabrication methods associated with the ASME Section I, VIII B31.1 & B31.3 components.
- Individuals must be familiar with inspection techniques, welding processes, welder, and weld procedure qualification processes. Individual must be capable of certification to Level II VT, PT, MT & UTT methods and mechanical inspection activities
- A previous certification is required.
- Advises project management personnel on quality-related matters and keeps them informed of the quality assurance implementation status, both within WSI and at approved supplier locations.
- Assists project personnel to develop and maintain efficient and accurate project planning documentation.
- Assists QC Supervisor with the development of quality implementation procedures.
- Assists with tracking of internally generated non-conformance and corrective action reports.
- Assumes quality control leadership role in all aspects of quality engineering, planning, and delivery of WSI products.
- Coordinate and manage Quality Control activities.
- Helps select, plan, perform, and documents appropriate hardware inspection and testing methods.
- Plans, performs, and documents inspection and surveillance activities. Compiles final inspection and certification records for presentation to the customer/inspection authority.
- Review specifications, drawings, work control documents, and reports to assure that quality requirements are adequately stated.
- Reviews incoming customer contracts/specifications to ensure WSI is adequately prepared to meet customer expectations.
- Serves as an interface with customer quality and inspection agency representatives on issues, as appropriate.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization.
- Must have previous interface experience with customers and the Authorized Inspection Agency personnel.
- Working knowledge of commercial power plant design, engineered products, fabrication methods, and repair activities is preferred.
- Ability to stand and kneel while performing inspections for long hours.
- Able to sit for long periods of time at a computer.
- Light lifting (30 lbs.)
AZZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit azz-inc.jobs.net.