Website Lincoln Electric
QA/QC Technician II (Mechanical Process) Job Highlights
|QA/QC Technician II (Mechanical Process)
|Richardson, TX, United States
TDIndustries is one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies that includes engineering, construction, operations, and maintenance. The company provides innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission-critical facilities, industrial complexes, and other essential institutions.
The company is looking for a QA/QC Technician II (Mechanical Process) who will be responsible for assigned project-specific Quality Control programs and site-specific plans from beginning to project completion.
Conducts quality control (QC) inspections on materials, and installations, etc., at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards.
Captures and analyzes quality data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards.
Recommends new or enhanced methods, procedures, and standards.
- High School or GED (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Assurance or related field (preferred, not required)
- CWI Certification (preferred)
- 5+ years of QA/QC experience in the commercial mechanical/plumbing industry
- Ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, specifications, and submittals.
- Able to work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines, and take direction.
- Assist higher level QA/QC in performing the Quality Assurance role on all assigned job sites/projects: quality walks, conducting inspections, validating work per plans/specs, creating and maintaining punch lists, and coordinating field testing.
- Assist with field testing of complete systems as part of an overall quality control effort. This may include helium leak testing and setting up systems for pressure testing.
- Become knowledgeable in welding techniques and visual inspection requirements.
- Collects quality data on projects.
- Copes effectively with complexity and change. Handles ambiguity and uncertainty well.
- Creates and maintains quality documents and records, such as test reports, checklists, etc.
- Ensures safety rules, policies, awareness, and practices are followed, documented and corrective measures are implemented. Maintain safety as the number 1 priority at all times.
- Familiarizes self with all project or task documentation required.
- Gets things done by practicing excellent prioritization and making good decisions on where to focus attention despite frequent interruptions.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with other trades.
- Helps maintain a liaison between QA and field leadership.
- Inspects that all trade activity meets company standards when appropriate.
- Learns to identify impactful problems and opportunities and communicates in a timely manner.
- Listen to and adapt quickly to changing technology.
- Look at plans and specifications to ensure what is installed, matches what is contained in those documents.
- Must be able to develop and work within internal and external customer relationships.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Responsible for seeking out training for themselves and developing personal goals and objectives using the PDR/performance and development system.
- Shows initiative, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
- Willing to participate in corporate-sponsored and relevant QA/QC training.
- Writes and maintains well-organized documents.
- Understands and models TD’s Core Values-
- Build and maintain trusting relationships
- Fiercely protect the safety of all Partners
- Lead with a servant’s heart
- Passionately pursue excellence
- Celebrate the power of individual differences
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and quality control standards.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Job Injury Pay
- Long Term Disability
- Partner Life Insurance
- Sick Pay Program
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- TD funds your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) each year
- Wellness Rewards Program
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-tdindustries.icims.com.