Website Magna International
QA Weld Lab Technician Job Highlights
|Title||QA Weld Lab Technician|
|Location||Brampton, ON, Canada|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to global customers.
The company is seeking a QA Weld Lab Technician who will assist the Quality Department in ensuring divisional customer quality requirements are met by identifying and providing input to resolve quality problems.
Support the needs of internal and external customers, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Applicants should have a Grade 12 Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Post-secondary education in Quality, or related experience (an asset)
- Vocational training in welding (an asset)
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience in an automotive environment
- Continuous improvement by meeting productivity goals, learning and sharing knowledge, and improving skill and ability.
- Coordinate Weld Destruct’s cut inventory, cut order (priority), and cut frequencies.
- Examine and photograph weld samples to identify any non-conforming welds based on each customer’s specifications.
- Follow all procedures for batch and hold, containment, and rework activities.
- Follow work instructions and routines to comply with IATF 16949 requirements.
- Identify non-confirming welds using tolerances unique to each customer.
- Keep the Weld Lab clean, organized, and in a customer-presentable state at all times.
- Maintain storage of weld cross-section pictures and data to comply with IATF 16949 and customer requirements.
- Maintain testing records.
- Maintain the cut schedule tracking sheet by updating it as needed.
- Manage inventory of lab consumables.
- Manage the use, storage, and disposal of lab chemicals to comply with our Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy.
- Manage workload, schedule, break times, productivity, and teamwork.
- Multitask, implement advice, avoid distractions, adapt to changes, and work well with others.
- Perform additional weld testing, length inspections, ID labeling, plasma cutting, and coupon preparation as needed, to support PPAPs and special studies.
- Prepare lab for the following shift by implementing 5S and communicating any relevant information.
- Prevent non-conforming products from reaching customers by working with Weld and Quality Techs, Team, and Area Leaders, and communicating results plant-wide.
- Provide reports and tracking information quickly and neatly as results become available.
- Support coworkers through teamwork, training, overtime, etc.
- Upkeep testing equipment by completing scheduled P/Ms.
- Background in welding and weld quality (an asset)
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.