Website TRC Companies
QA Welding Inspector – NDT Job Highlights
|Title||QA Welding Inspector – NDT|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
TRC Companies is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets.
The company is seeking a QA welding inspector who will be proficient in structural steel, and knowledgeable in construction materials inspection and testing (CMT), to support projects with the CA DOT and other transportation authorities.
- The applicants should be an American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI); that will be duly verified through www.aws.org
Note: A plus if certified in non-destructive testing (NDT) as an NDT Level II in the following disciplines-
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT) Film Interpretation
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of project experience (transportation, bridge construction, construction materials testing a plus)
- A plus having working knowledge with AWS D1.1 and AWS D1.5 codes/standards
- Ability to attend client meetings related to pre-construction, pre-fabrication, and other construction meetings to provide information about quality requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain client relations
- Ability to review plans, specifications, and project special provisions to verify compliance to material quality
- Ability to work with other fabrication, construction, and quality personnel as part of the verification process to ensure quality standards are being met at the project site or in a fabrication facility
- Ability to write technical reports with photographs
- Familiarity with Caltrans Standard Specifications and related documents
- Familiarity with Construction Materials Standards, Specifications, and Codes (AISC, ASTM, AWS)
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) for construction materials
- Familiarity with sampling and testing of construction materials (structural steel, other steel products, bridge components) in accordance with project standards and specifications
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas from California Offices for short periods to material fabrication facilities
- Good Driving Record (will be verified through CA DMV)
- Proficient in Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Portable Document Formats (PDF)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding reviewing of fabrication shop plans
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit careers.trccompanies.com.