Quality Control Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Ellesmere Port, England, UK|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewables, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is looking for a Quality Control Inspector for the Process and Energy business. The position will be responsible for the implementation of the QC checks and the population of the QMS documents for the various projects.
- To target zero NCRs
- To target zero Rework through the business zero-defect philosophy
- To ensure the progressive collation of accurate quality packages in readiness for project completion, in accordance with company procedures and defined specifications and standards
- To ensure that relevant reviews, witnesses, and monitor activities are implemented as per the approved Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans.
- The applicants should be technically qualified/time served tradespersons with trade registrations/vocational qualifications (preferably welding or plating)
- CSWIP 3.1
- The candidates should have QC inspection experience
- Experience in liaising with Notified bodies
- Lead Auditor qualification
- PED experience
- Radiographic interpretation PCN level 2
- Worked in the tank storage repair and construction industry with working knowledge of EN14015 and API650
- Worked in the vessel manufacturing industry with working knowledge of PD5500 and ASME III
- Able to read and interpret materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals, fabrication drawings, and P&ID to determine inspection and test procedure requirements.
- Carry out supplier QC inspections/surveillances (painters, insulators, NDT contractors) to ensure product quality.
- Complete the necessary documentation to demonstrate quality checks have been undertaken in accordance with relevant standards.
- Coordinate NDT contractor activities.
- Coordinate/update all quality documentation on a periodic basis.
- Create and coordinate/update weld inspection records.
- Create and coordinate/update weld maps to reflect completed works.
- Ensure Built drawings are accurate, valid, and correct by verifying the build by a walk down.
- Ensure welder information is captured (at the work face) and documented as appropriate to support weld maps and traceability elements.
- Identification and raising of non-conformance reports and expedite their closeout.
- Immediately stop and report inappropriate working practices.
- Induct and carry out familiarisation sessions with the blue-collar workers on the quality control criteria for the project and what standards need to be achieved.
- Initiate the site-specific QMS documents at the contract kick-off stage, in line with the templates for the EP business.
- Liaise with Customer quality representatives with regards to all quality matters.
- Monitor fabrication in compliance with statutory regulations (i.e. PED, CE marking).
- Progressively develop project handover documentation.
- Promote QMS and QC Inspection awareness throughout the Site.
- Raise NDT requests and expedite ensuring completion of all requirements inclusive of final documentation reviews.
- Responsible for all Welding, Piping, Piping Materials, NDT, PWHT inspections both onsite and offsite (Fabrication Facility).
- Specifically, take ownership and accountability for the preparation of the project-specific Quality plan and the ITP documentation for the projects.
- Undertake daily surveillances of the work and check that it meets the tolerances allowed for within the standard and the QMS documents.
- Undertake dimensional checks during the works (roundness, diameter, flatness, verticality, plumbness, orientation, nozzle positions, levels, etc.) in accordance with the drawings and the code standards criteria.
- Input into Lessons Learned workshops when required
- Can read mechanical/structural engineering drawings
- Computer literate (MS office components)
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-row-external.icims.com.