Website Oil States Industries
QC Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Jurong East, Singapore|
|Company||Oil States International|
Oil States International is an American multinational corporation. It focuses on providing services to oil and gas companies. It is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The company is looking for a Quality Control Inspector to join its team.
- The applicants should have a Diploma, Degree in Engineering/Science, or equivalent qualification
- Certified Welding Inspector from CWI or CSWIP 3.1 is preferred.
- NDT Level II in MPI, DPI, UT, and RT as per SNT-TC-1A or PCN, is preferred.
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience as QC or Welding Inspector with knowledge in fabrication and manufacturing.
- Accept and perform any additional work-related instructions/activities, to the best of his ability, as determined by the department supervisor/manager.
- Advise welders on the proper care and handling of welding consumables.
- Comply with OSI Quality Management System, OSI HSE Policy, and requirements.
- Conduct visual inspection before, during, and after welding for good workmanship standards.
- Confirm In-process, Final, Welding Inspections and Heat treatments are carried out according to the Manufacturing Route Sheet.
- Ensure every preceding operation in the route sheet(s) is properly stamped.
- Ensure relevant documents such as route sheets, WPS, drawings and etc., are made available to the welders or operators during work.
- Execute welding inspection to monitor and verify the welding parameters as per WPS are followed.
- Guide welders and operators to understand the route sheet requirement(s), as required.
- Interpret radiographic films and advise Production of any repair as required for the known defect.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the work area at all times.
- Mentor and train other QC Inspectors on the job.
- Monitor the welding procedure qualifications (PQR) to support the development of WPS which includes calculating the heat input and conducting of welder’s qualifications.
- Perform inspections such as fit-up, welding, dimensional, material, magnetic particle testing, dye penetrant testing, hardness testing, etc.
- Prepare inspection reports and submit them through Master Control for QC Engineer approval, if necessary to obtain Third Party Approval, reports shall be printed and submitted to QC Engineer for review prior to the Master Control Upload.
- Prepare requests and coordinate with vendors for radiographic tests, load tests, etc.
- Report welds defect details with reference to welding joint number to welding and QC Engineers.
- Understand and interpret relevant OSI procedures, work instruction, quality plans, and ITP, relevant to job scope including API 6A, API 16A, API 16C, API 16F, etc. requirements.
- Verify to ensure the measuring instruments/welding machines are duly calibrated and maintained.
- Witness and monitor pressure tests, and PWHT and interpret relevant charts.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word)
- Familiar with welding of AISI 4130, AISI 8630, F22, and X80 material preferred
- Familiar with welding processes such as SMAW, FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, SAW and etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and able to work together as part of a team, a good team player.
Oil States Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.