QC Inspector (Mechanical/Piping/Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||QC Inspector (Mechanical/Piping/Welding)|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewables, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is seeking a QC Inspector (Mechanical/Piping/Welding) who will provide support to the site project through sound technical knowledge by having awareness of Codes, Standards, Specifications, Project supplementary specifications, and the Scope of Work and relevant purchase order requirements.
The position will be responsible for ensuring scopes during the installation and onwards towards Mechanical Completions of all Piping, Mechanical and Structural works.
Responsibilities shall include overseeing the works during piping assembly, mechanical fixing, and welding activities together with any system testing and acceptance of generated paperwork associated with these discipline scopes.
- Possess an Inspection Certificate in a relevant disciple (e.g. welding/electrical/mechanical) from recognized industry or national body (essential)
- BINDT PCN Level 2 Radiographic Interpretation
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspection
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Preferably in the associated industry).
- Quality auditor qualification/experience by recognised industry body (desirable)
- Able to read and interpret materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals, and P&ID to determine inspection and test procedures requirements.
- Attend pre-inspection planning meetings/progress meetings.
- Be able to produce comprehensive Project Quality Documentation, such as functional Inspection and Test Plans.
- Be familiar with the review of the Suppliers/Sub-contractors’ Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans and procedures.
- Be familiar with the Project completion process, and able to develop, review and control project completion documentation (ITR -Inspection and Test Records) from completion to handover.
- Comparison of test and inspection data/records to compare findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards.
- Completes necessary procedures to satisfy install requirements and indicate concurrence with acceptance or rejection decisions.
- Confers with vendors and others regarding inspection results, recommends corrective procedures, and complies with reports of results, recommendations, and needed repairs.
- Ensure the built drawings are accurate, valid, and correct by verifying the build by walking down.
- Estimates and records of operational data
- Finished product testing and inspection (starts and operates).
- Identification and raising of non-conformance reports and expedite their closeout.
- Immediately stop and report inappropriate working practices.
- Implement a tracking mechanism to count all welds, weld repairs, and welder repair %.
- Implement receipt inspection inclusive of certification review/approval for piping materials and welding consumables
- Implementation and management of NDT & PWHT Requests associated with Piping and Welding.
- Inspect materials, product, and work in progress for conformance to specifications and adjusts process or assembly equipment to meet standards.
- Installs and positions new or replacement parts, components, and instruments.
- Interpret all Piping Radiographs/reports in accordance with project specifications and code requirements
- Liaise with requisitioning engineer and buyer as appropriate.
- Monitor fabrication in compliance with statutory regulations (i.e. PED, CE marking).
- Monitor package /equipment compliance to statutory regulations (i.e. CE marking).
- Prepare and submit Supplier/Sub-contractor visit reports.
- Provide feedback on Supplier/Subcontractor performance upon request.
- Release fabrication and package/equipment as per project inspection and release process (IRC).
- Responsible for all Welding, Piping, Piping Materials, NDT, and PWHT Inspection both onsite and offsite (Fabrication Facility)
- Review/Approval of Built drawings, Weld maps, NDT Reports, PWHT Charts, Pressure Tests, and Material Traceability.
- Review/approve all quality records and retained them in accordance with WOOD, client, and regulatory requirements.
- Review Supplier/Subcontractor Fabrication/Certification/Data Dossiers and endorse as appropriate/required.
- To participate (as necessary) in management visits/audits as requested.
- To report promptly to the Lead QC all matters related to inspection, test, and release.
- Verify tests and measures of finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, and accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications.
- Visual Inspection of Welds, Piping alignment inspection (Gaskets, bolts, lubricant)
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-row-external.icims.com.