QC Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||QC Welding Inspector|
|Location||Mississauga, ON, Canada|
Curtiss-Wright Corporation designs and manufactures highly engineered, advanced technologies that perform critical functions in demanding conditions in the commercial, industrial, defense, and energy markets.
The company is seeking a QC Welding Inspector who will be responsible for conducting an inspection of weldments and fabricated parts, some machined parts, and related hardware.
- The applicants should be a Graduate from an appropriate post-secondary program in Quality, Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering would be an asset
- CGSB certification (preferred) or candidate must be willing to achieve certification.
- Possess a minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, previous Quality Control/Assurance experience preferred
- Liquid Penetrant Testing experience and NDT knowledge
- Business system experience ERP (Oracle)
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with CMM equipment
- Experience with a Quality Management Suite, such as TIPQA
- Working knowledge of CSA W59, ABS, Lloyds Rules, and DNV Rules for shipbuilding
- Ensuring all work is performed according to the company Quality Management System (QMS) and that all parts meet customer specifications
- Following every reasonable precaution to ensure work is performed following the Health
- Immediately report accidents and incidents and participate in the investigations
- Interpreting complex engineering drawings, and processing plans
- Safety procedures.
- Using metrology instruments.
- Working on the shop floor in a Welding/Fabrication shop with unionized personnel. This is a non-union position.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with customer representatives on a regular basis, plus the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent mathematical and blueprint reading skills
- Must have knowledge of calibration methods and standards
- Sound working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- The company offers a competitive wage and a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, pre-tax spending accounts, and vacations/holidays.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.curtisswright.com.